twenty-three.

THREE MONTHS LATER:

MONTH 7: LANI'S POV

"No you can't take him!" I argued with Leylah.

"It's my understanding that you and Melo are not talking. Is that true or not?"

I was quiet.

"That's what I thought. This relationship isn't healthy for Damien." She grabbed his arm, and he screamed.

I didn't know what to do. My heart was racing.

"MOMMY!!" He sobbed as she dragged him to her car. I promised Damien I would never let anyone take him from me. I came to the realization....I couldn't keep that promise.

"I'm coming right now baby!" I ran back inside the house, and grabbed my keys.

Tears were running down my face rapidly. Leylah came by the house at 4 am. It's pretty routine, but she said someone told her Melo and I aren't talking, and haven't been for the past three months. I know Eddie and Lexi would never...but who would?

I quickly dialed Melo's number, and it was going straight to voicemail. This month he's in Toronto, and the time difference over there is 3 hours. It's probably 7:30 there, and I know Melo is awake.

I continued to dial, and pray for him to answer. When I got in the car, and started to drive, Melo answered.

"Stop calling me." He huffed. "I don't want to talk to you."

"Melo!" I was shaking.

I waited for him to reply, and the line went dead.

"Melo?!" I was trying to keep up with Leylah's car, who was driving in front of me.

"DAMMIT!" I threw my phone in the back seat. "Lord please!" I sobbed. "I already lost Melo...I can't lose my baby too."

I needed to call Lexi and Eddie, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Plus my phone was somewhere under the seat. I couldn't explain my frustration with Melo. At this point I didn't want to talk to him. If we lose Damien....it's HIS fault.

When I got to the adoption company, I had lost Leylah's car.

Where the fuck did she park?

I gave up, and decided to go inside and find Damien for myself.

"Hi Kehlani! Do you have an appointment with Leylah today?" Jared, the receptionist asked me.

"Where the fuck is Damien?" I cut straight to the point.

"Oh....he got taken away from you? I'm sorry but it's policy that you can't see him for a week. Leylah needs time to fill out a report and send to the judge. So you will not be able to see Damien or foster him until your court date is scheduled. And that's if the judge grants you time."

"I understand that.....I want to know where my son is."

"He's here. He'll be here in his room until further notice." Jared tried not to make eye contact with me.

"You better hope my husband doesn't find out who you are." I bit down on my jaw. My body felt like it was on fire. My emotions were everywhere. Jared gulped, and his eyes became wide.

I walked back to my car, and grabbed my phone out of the backseat.

"You have reached the voicemail box of LaMelo." There was a beep, and I hung up. I didn't want to leave a message that our son was taken away from me in the blink of an eye. I want him to pick up, and stop being a punk ass bitch.