twenty-five.

MELO'S POV

"Mama! I'll be back!" I yelled before leaving the house. Lani has just gotten out of the shower, and I was going to the adoption agency.

Eli was picking me up so we could go together to see Damien.

"What's good?" I got into his car.

"Hey bro." My best friend started to drive.

"So how is Lani feeling today?"

"Ugh mannnn. Her meds are kicking her ass."

"She's not feeling well?"

"Nope." I shook my head. "I made her take a shower....I thought that would help wake her up. But today is one of those days where she won't talk or get out of the bed."

"Damn.....how was last week though?" Eli knew I was going to try and have sex with Lani.

"The best." I smiled at the thought of it.

"Was she aight with everything?"

"Yea. I wanted to make sure she was comfortable since it's been like 9 months....but she responded well."

"Did you break her back?" Eli smirked.

"Nawww. I was hungrier than usual."

"Ooop." His eyes went wide. "How many times?"

"Four." I told Eli how many times Lani had an orgasm. "She act like she don't know how to listen."

"Oh my god. I swear her and Lexi the same. I be tellin her to hold it, but she do whatever she wants. Then I have to break her back, and get them legs shaking."

It felt good to talk to Eli...even if it was about having sex with our girlfriends.

"She not feelin too good about me seeing Damien without her either."

"Yea. She got really attached to him...Lani would literally do anything for the kid."

"I know. Hopefully I can talk to Leylah again, and see if we can come to an agreement with visitation hours."

"You think she'll let him come home?"

"I don't know." I huffed and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Well the judge granted y'all a court date right?"

"Yea January 7th."

"So you and Lani have a month to get a lawyer, and come up with your argument."

"That's the thing...if we end up not getting Damien, and we lose him to this other family that's trying to adopt him. Lani will literally break down. I already got her back to normal. I don't think she can handle a loss at the very start of the new year."

"She'll be fine. You're underestimating the strength of your wife."

"You're not the one who has to comfort her." I looked at him and frowned.

"You right. You right." Eli nodded his head.

It was quiet for a moment until Eli spoke again.

"Lexi been tryna contact Lani for the last two months."

"I been trying to teach Lani how to forgive. She isn't exactly the best learner." I chuckled.

"Lexi has been praying you guys say yes to the Christmas party."

"We're thinking about it....Lani doesn't like the idea of me being gone for Christmas, and you guys are all at our house. But I also don't want her to be alone all day until I come home."