twenty-one.

Month 3: (June) LANI'S POV

"Yea, he's gonna be here any minute...I gotta go. Bye!"

I hung up the phone after saying goodbye to Lexi. Today's Melo and I's anniversary. I went to church this morning, and he went to practice so we haven't seen each other all day. I'm just excited to give him all of the gifts I've been hiding. I could hear the garage opening meaning Melo was home. For some reason I'm nervous to see him. It sucks that he's leaving in two weeks for camp, but I have to support him. I took a deep breath before walking down the stairs.

The door opened, and I could hear Melo huff.

"Hi baby." I met him at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hi mama." He pulled me into a hug.

"What's wrong?" I looked up at him.

"I'm just tired." He kissed my forehead.

I know getting ready for camp, and the draft is stressing Melo out to the max. I wish I could just slow down time for him.

"I'm sorry." I frowned. "You wanna take a nap?"

"No." He chuckled. "I know your ass been waiting for me to come home all day." His hands grabbed my butt.

My face got red, because he was completely right.

"You know what day it is?"

"How could I not?"

"Just making sure." I smiled.

"Four years Bebe."

"I know. Feels like I'm 16 again."

Melo didn't say anything. He let go of my butt and walked to the kitchen. I watched as he grabbed a gatorade, and took a sip of it.

"What do you wanna do tonight?"

"I don't care." I shrugged. "But since you're not having the best day. I wanna give you my presents, so you'll get happy."

"I'm already happy."

"No you're not." I rolled my eyes. "Come upstairs pleaseeee!" I ran up the stairs, and Melo slowly walked behind me. Dip followed us, and I ran into our bedroom.

"I know it's not that romantic, but here." I moved out of the doorway, and Melo's eyes looked at our bed.

" I moved out of the doorway, and Melo's eyes looked at our bed

"This is dope Lani!" He walked over to the bed. I watched as he examined all of his new outfits. "Now I have some new clothes to take with me to camp...Thank you." He kissed my cheek.

"Here." I handed him a box resting on our dresser.

Melo opened it, and his mouth dropped.

"YOU GOT ME THE KYRIE 5's?!"