Chapter 3- Paper Cranes

Unfortunately, I woke up in pain.

In fact, a lot of pain.

How hard did dad drop me? It was like he was punishing me even more because he woke me up in the most unpleasant way possible.

"Wake up! Rise and shine! It's morning time and school is waiting for you!" Dad raptured into my room as he clanged pans together. "Get that lazy ass up!"

"Daaaddd! Please find something better to do?" I whined distinctly, stuffing my pillows to cover my ears from all that racket. Nevertheless, he still kept on going.

Reese bursted into my room barking at all the noise, making the entire situation even worse. Even the stuffing of the pillows on my ears did not stop the deafening noise. "I think Reese really wants you to wake up too!" He screamed over the racket he was creating.

"I swear if you don't get out of my room within ten seconds I will grab that baseball bat and drive it into unpleasant areas!" I practically screamed like a little toddler kicking her legs.

That was why it was easier to have a phone to be your alarm instead of a human being. Well, if he even counted as a human. No, he was most likely to be an alien from Area 51 who was trying to wipe out human life so that they can take over. Hang on if he's an alien, then what am I? I was going off topic. Back to the main subject...

Dad was just standing there, not even moving around. I was sitting on my comfortable bed, sinking into the mattress, and decided to throw a pillow, bringing him back to reality. Before he could complain I beat him to it.

"Ten ... nine ... eight ... get the hell out of here!" I threatened him. He instinctively ran away, shutting the door behind him. A few footsteps returned back behind the door.

"Isn't it seven, six, five, four, three, two, one? Not get out," he said smartly.

"Daddddd!" I warned.

"Alright, alright I'm going." With that said , I was wide awake with back pain.

I walked into the shower, my toes flinching as they touched the stainless floor. I managed to turn the tap, allowing it to cry lukewarm water, as though I was standing under a never-ending waterfall. All the muscles on my back that were tensed from yesterday night became relaxed. Thank God there was no bruises, and the pain went away. I washed away all my sins, allowed the droplets to trickle down my spine and darken my hair. My lips parted as more water poured down my nose, steaming up the shower, blocking any thoughts.

Subsequently, I dried myself using my white cotton towel and brushed my teeth to it being stainless.

I decided to change myself into a cropped blue denim jacket, over a blue and white, ombré ruffled blouse, and squeezed into my black jeans matching it with a pair of black vans. Oddly enough, my shoulder length, wavy hair was already half way dried, I pinned two pieces back using an orange claw clip. Yet again, I coated my eyelashes with a thin layer of black mascara, creating the hairs to look wispy. The last and most valuable thing to my outfit was moms necklace. I admired the round silver, tree of life pendant with all the diamonds glistening under my gaze. I'd probably go crazy if I loose it.

Quickly, I stuffed everything I needed in my brown leather side bag for today's schedule.
I clung onto my bag, realising that I was going to have to put my books in my locker if I didn't want my shoulder to snap off.