Chapter 68- Danny Uncanny

I had no words to say.

Other than blue?

"So Mila, what do you think of my painting?" Andre asked, turning his canvas to reveal his masterpiece.

No picture to it, the white canvas was just painted with blue paint.

The once white canvas was lathered in midnight blue watercolour. No picture added to it, no scenery or any accessories. It was all just bluer than blue. No way did this take him the entire lesson to create, I could do all that in my sleep. Disappointed now, I was excited to view it from the little sneaky giggles or the way he was so giddy to determinedly paint it. My mind was trying to comprehend what message he was trying to get through this unusual ... art, yet I couldn't think of any. Safe to say, but I was blank as a canvas.

"That's erm ... that's very creative," I lied through my teeth, still figuring out if there was some hidden message within it.

Nope, still blue.

"Oh stop, stop." He waved a hand at me, thinking that I really complimented him. "I don't know, it just came to me and BOOM! I created this masterpiece."

"Andre when are you going to stop constantly thinking about Skylar?" Vivian inquired, hovering over my shoulder as she blinked at the canvas.

Skylar! No wonder he it was all blue when his favourite colour was white. The obsession over my cousin had really gone beyond far to the extent he wasn't acting like Andre that I knew, and replaced him with all this gooeyness. Even so, I didn't mind with him resembling her through a blank painting. As long as he wasn't painting her face, I was completely fine with it. However, with Skylar I didn't think she would appreciate if she was informed that he spent his Art classes dreaming about her.

"That's blue," Elliot stated. "I wonder what she'd think about all this. She'd probably just tell you to shut the fuck up." He laughed hysterically, hinting to Andres text message.

"Actually she's finally talking to me," he surprised us with a broad grin. "Yeah, she even told me she likes to sing too. I guess we have something in common."

Skylar always had this beautiful voice from singing at the local church every Sunday. But I wondered why she had stopped. Now I realised it was because of the bulimia. I would do whatever it took to hear her sing again. Tee Tee even requested for her to sing at her wedding, but she didn't take the chance. She never really told anyone about her old talent, but she told Andre. And that was enough for me to know that there was a chance of trust coming through as well as the hint of development between the two.

"I even managed to get the exact shade of blue as her hair," Andre pointed, stroking his paint brush against the canvas, even though there was nothing more to really add to it. "Carson seems cool too."

"You've spoken to Carson?" I gasped.

"Yeah, spoken to your aunt and even Kal, and even your grandparents," he listed, having me lost for words. "And they all seem to love me."

"Talk about development." I shook my head, knowing I'd have to speak to them to learn more about this. "You might as well get married to her now."