Chapter 33- Sorry

Songs: Up- Olly Murs+ Demi Lovato Somebody that you loved- New Hope Club
Chapter 33- Sorry

"You guyyysss," dad said in a high pitched tone. "You didn't have to, it's not even my birthday."

Everyone groaned when we realised he wasn't Adrian. "What?" He asked in a monotone voice.

"It's really nice that you made it." I smiled at him, which then flipped into a frown. "But we thought you were Adrian."

"Oh yeah I forgot it was his birthday. Sorry guys my bad." He sniggered, scratching the back of his head.

"And why are you holding a cake that's a sign for AIDS with a Barbie candle?" He questioned disturbingly.

"Inside joke," I tried reasoning. "Just go hide." I shuffled him inside.

Adrian walked in confused. "What the hell is this?"

This was soo not the plan. WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN?!

"Well done Mila for not shutting the door!" Vivian exclaimed.

"Oh man." I grumbled, squinting my eyes shut.

Wait ago for ruining one simple thing.

I hesitantly flipped around with the cake in my hands. "Surprise!" I plastered a wry smile, as everyone exploded some party poppers and blew their party horns.

He stared at me only, not glancing at the cake and I didn't know what to read from his blank facial expression. Was he happy, or was he mad?

"What's all this?" He repeated his eye filled with no emotions like a blank canvas.

"We decided that you deserved a birthday party! YOU'RE EIGHTEEN, CONGRATS!" I yelled. "Blow the candle." I urged him, but the wind through the open door blew it out before he could. "Or not," I mumbled, feeling disappointed at how this party already wasn't going perfectly as I had planned.

"Happy birthday Hijo!" Jillian skipped to plant a kiss on his cheek. "I remember when you were just a little baby, now you're all grown up." She pouted.

"Mom, I'm still your baby." His perfect white teeth gleamed as he smiled.

Andre, Elliot and Vivian stood behind us, while everyone settled into the party.

"Happy birthday AIDS!" Elliot beamed, causing Adrian to scrunch his face up. "You like the cake? It was all my idea."

Adrian peeked at the cake in my hands and shook his head. "Impressive," he said in a bored tone.

"You're technically an adult now," Andre confirmed, draping an arm around his shoulder.

"And one year closer to death," Vivian added.

"Thanks guys ... that really helps," Adrian said sarcastically. "Who even planned this?"

"We did, but most of it was Mila." Andre cocked his head at me.

"Yeah, you should've seen her driving us nuts. She's gone a bit crazy in that thick head of hers." Elliot started poking my head, making me grunt. "You have a nice skull, you know."

Adrian didn't say anything further, no thank you's or even a grateful smile wasn't directed towards me or the rest. Instead he looked at his mom again. "Did dad come?"

She shook her head upsettingly. "I'm sorry, but he left to go to work early in the morning."

"Exactly what I thought," he huffed, striding off towards the couch.