Chapter 39- Christmas Gift

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!" I blasted, sliding down the stairs. "IT'S CHRISTMAS GUYS! WHY IS NO ONE AWAKE?!"

"Because it's seven in the morning!" Geema cried from her room.

I stood near the bottom of the stairs. "And? This is the only time you'll see me awake this early." I jumped excitedly.

"It's way too early for this bullshit," Carson shouted from his room.

"Language, Carson," Tee Tee warned.

"My bad."

"Go back to sleep!" Kal advised me."

"No, I'm opening these gift now! And I'll make sure to unwrap your guyses gifts too," I flipped my hair over my shoulder, and strode off.

In three ...

Two ...

One.

The sound of feet rushing down the stairs was heard as my hair clung to my face from the pace Skylar and Carson were at. The rest lazily staggered down the stairs with dried drool on their cheeks and dark circles.

"And what time do you call this?" I teased the adults of the house using their words against them.

"Oh save it child." Geepa brushed a hand at me, entering the Christmas decorated living room.

I joined the others by sitting near the Christmas tree we put up last minute . That was the problem with this family, they always seemed to do everything last minute. I was surprised Tee Tee didn't intend to put the tree up before hand. Yet again, she was still worrying about the wedding that was happening in a couple of days.

Everyone seemed to be yawning and lacking in their Christmas spirits. I decided to speed text everyone Merry Christmas, including Theo who was probably having the warmest Christmas in Spain.

Theo: Merry Christmas Chica ;)

I darted my eyes at the wrapped presents beneath the tree, screaming to be torn open. "Right, since everyone is on their periods, I think I'll start off by handing my gifts first." I smiled tightly and picked up a random gift wrapped in yellow.

They all decided it was best to colour code their gifts so that it would be easier to tell them apart rather than be left confused.

"This one is for you, Skylar," I announced and handed her the small gift I managed to buy yesterday.

Dad and I did some Christmas shopping yesterday after we spoke to mom. And let me tell you, the stores looked as if their was an zombie apocalypse going on. I mean who even waits till last minute to buy their gifts?

Definitely not me.

Okay, I may just be one of those people.

She looked as though she was startled to see that I bought her a gift. "Thanks." She received it as we all watched her open it.

I cringed when she flimsily tore the paper that took time and effort to wrap. "Oh my God! Mila, thank you soo much!" She gasped, clutching the collection of Narnia books I managed to buy.

I knew for a fact she wouldn't be able to keep her head out of it when she'd start reading the series.

"Seriously thank you," she praised again, throwing her arms around my shoulders, capturing me in an embrace.

I chuckled softly pleased to see that she appreciated it. "You haven't even gotten to the best bit. Open the first book." I gestured with my head.

She looked puzzled for a second, but obliged. Her hand reached out in amazement and pulled out the hermoine chibi bookmark that I gave her. I knew just how much she was in love with Harry Potter.