Chapter 43- Missed You

When the cold fiery winter air met my skin, I felt my goosebumps rise from discomfort. I clutched onto my naked arms, trying to reheat them as I scurried down the steps, staring straight ahead of me.

"Great, I just created a reaction," I mumbled to myself, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Mila." I heard him say softly behind me.

Why couldn't he just leave me alone for some space now that I needed it?

I cursed under my breath, balling my fists as I marched further away from the venue, treading over the grass, and not missing the sweet perfume of how it was freshly cut.

I was finally getting over him, I was finally coping without him, I was forgetting. And boom, without no warning, he decided to show up and ruin all my progress. I certainly wasn't going to gift him my soft side anymore since he clearly took advantage of that.

And of course the prick followed me.

"Mila, please wait." I heard his footsteps chase behind me. "Just here me out-"

"You had a month to explain."

"Look, I know you're mad-"

"You don't know anything you dick!"

"Where are you even going?"

"Somewhere far away from you, like I was doing which is partly why I'm in Seattle, but no you showed up," I accused, my legs feeling numb and brittle in this angry weather.

"So what? You're just going to run out of your aunts wedding, just because I came?" He guessed, out of breath as he trailed behind me.

I hated to admit it but he was right about that part. What was I doing? Where was I even going? I came all the way to Seattle because of her wedding, and I wanted to see her finally happy. She'd worry more about me than her wedding if I ran off.

Abruptly, I stopped dead in my tracks, clasping and releasing my fists out of indignation. With all the courage I had left, I whirled around to face him standing a few metres away from me. If I wasn't so frustrated right now, I'd probably admire the way he posed in a black tux. It was untidy, with his top buttons unfastened, and his tie loose with his auburn hair poking up in various directions, and his hands tucked in his trouser pockets. Yet only he pulled it off. There was no reason why he has to be this handsome. However the dark circles under his eyes and the slight stubble growing on his chin just told me he hadn't been sleeping or taking care of himself lately which felt like someone stabbing a needle through my heart.

"Wh-why are you here?" I gulped the lump lodged in my throat as it felt like it was closing up on me.

He appeared stunned when he saw the fractured picture he painted, leaving it incomplete from all those days he decided to ignore me. A few minutes passed with us stealing awkward glances with one another as we stood there in silence. What's wrong with him? Can't he speak?

He searched around as if he was puzzled just as I was confused on what he was doing. "I-I don't know," he spoke after what felt like hours.

I mocked laughed, curling my lower lip inside my mouth. "Great, you don't know." I shrugged my shoulders in amusement. "You don't know why you're here. Maybe you should've planned what you were going to say before you flew all the way to Seattle and wreck this moment."

I didn't know why I was the one who was irritated. I mean, all this time he wasn't speaking to me because he was mad over some stupid party. Now it flipped, I guess it was my turn. After all this time, I realised that non of it was my fault. I shouldn't had been blamed for merely trying to make him happy, I shouldn't have had all those remarks thrown like darts, earning a point for each time I stumbled back. And I certainly didn't deserve all those sleepless nights he set for me just because I did all those nice gestures. How oblivious was I?