Chapter 67- Cranes In A Bundle

"What the hell does pathetic fallacy mean?" Andre scratched the back of his head, located at the desk besides me in English as he through different questions.

I massaged my temple, attempting to ease the agony of hearing his nagging so early in the morning. As anyone could've been able to tell, it certainly wasn't working. What state of mind was I in if I had ever thought that Andre would be more tolerable than Elliot? He was just as bad as they had both agreed to switch positions, which meant that Vivian was probably making out with Elliot right now. I was afraid that sooner or later I'd clash my head against my desk from the stupid questions that flew out of Andres mouth.

"Oh crap, I think he's spotted me." Andre cursed, panicking when Mr Carpenter walked into the classroom, and the first thing he did was look at Andre. Searching for an escaped, he grabbed his textbook, hiding his face behind it. "Pretend I'm not here."

Yeah, because that book can save your ass!

Mr Carpenter gradually headed towards Andre, lightly knocking on his desk to catch his attention. "Mr Wilson, it's nice to see you again."

Andre hissed, completely exposing himself as he lowered the textbook, faking a grin. "Oh hey Mr Carpenter, didn't see you there."

"Nice try Andre." Mr Carpenter sent a thin grin. "May I ask why exactly you're in my class?"

Andre glanced over at me sideways, pleading for help, but I shook my head, not involving myself in his mess. If I could wish for anything at this moment, doing everything to get rid of him certainly topped the scale. Every advantage I was given, I'd willingly take just to be at peace for once.

"You see ... I uhm ... I think I need some help on literature, you know." Andre chuckled in doubt.

"Well why don't you ask your own teacher?" Mr Carpenter pressed, and I bit back a laugh at the way Andres brain thought deeply for another excuse. "For all I know is that Mrs Saintclair is a brilliant English teacher."

"Ahah, obviously it's because you're the best English teacher in Spring Hill High, let alone," he continued to reason, using the compliment method.

Oh boy, this isn't going to go well.

"Andre, as much as that is true," Mr Carpenter leaned against his desk, "you should probably leave my class."

"But-"

"You want a double detention?"

"No sir." He shook his head quickly, fumbling out of his seat. "I'll just leave."

"No ones telling Adrian about this," he whispered lastly to me as I finally relaxed in my seat.

"My lips are sealed." I zipped my lips, and watched as he almost tripped when running out of the class.

How stupid was he to think that I would inform Adrian with all this? That would only lead him to tightening the restrictions, as I tried to avoid them as much as possible.

"Right, as I was going to say." Mr Carpenter clapped. "You guys have a pop quiz!" He evilly snarled, gathering a bunch of papers as the class and I all moaned.

Darn quizzes! Do they have to be so random!

"You idiot, you put too much baking soda in the vinegar," I complained watching it form out of the beaker as it spread all over my desk.

"No I'm doing it completely right," Elliot defended confidently, standing back like he created a sculpture.

I sighed in defeat, feeling as if I was a mother of six when dealing with one Elliot. "Why aren't your goggles on your eyes?"