Chapter 73- Too Much To Accept

I was sick of explaining to all of my teachers why I had a douchebag like Elliot attached to my wrist. They appeared perplexed and demanded that I found a way to free both of us. However, it was clear that the teachers did not learn enough logic over the years. OR I WOULD HAVE RELEASED MYSELF A LONG TIME AGO!

Elliot, who was already staring at me with a happy grin, caught my eye as I turned around. "Happy birthday Mayla!"

That was what he had been doing all day. Every time we made eye contact, he'd say, "Happy Birthday, Mayla."

And I'd just have to reply with: "Thanks."

Every. Single. Time.

I guess being stuck with Elliot wasn't as bad as I had feared. IT WAS EVEN WORSE! We had a good time laughing at some of his silly jokes. But it came to an end when he decided I shouldn't be doing any work on my birthday, and if I tried to persuade him otherwise ... well this would happen...

"Idiot, hand over my papers!" I cursed as I tried to grab them from his grasp, but he held them up higher.

"No, it's the princesses birthday today. It's your pass and you should be having fun." He jerked the papers away from me.

"Believe me I'm having fun," I said in a monotone voice, still trying to get it out of his grip. "Now give me my papers!"

Since we were sat besides an open window, he decided to throw them outside, and I watched as the wind scattered them everywhere, taking my notes alongside with the breeze.

"They had my notes in them!"I slapped his arm and screamed. "All my effort wasted! What am I going to revise off now when we get any test!"

I couldn't understand how my best friend managed to live her life with him. Or even considered marrying him.

"Like I said, a princess shouldn't be doing any work." He blatantly shrugged. "And there's something called buying a textbook. It saves you from writing so much."

He really thinks I'm going to memorise an entire textbook?

I was on the verge of strangling the boy in front of me. But I was reminded to keep my cool and stay put.

"I can't wait till this day ends," I growled.

Gym class was by far the worst. Elliot gave up in less than thirty seconds, so I had to run a track. Despite the fact that his body resembled a model, the boy ran out of breath faster than I did. And this was coming from an unfit individual.

"I can't do this anymore."As he fell to the ground, he heaved and panted. "I feel like I'm going to die if I carry on."

"You legit just took a step," I complained as he sat there, holding his arm up since it was still attached to my wrist. "Get your fat ass up."

He shook his head, sweat drenched in his blonde hair, still panting. "I can't do it; you'll have to do it without me."

"I'm afraid that's not an option," I stated, gesturing to our wrists. "If I'm running, I'm dragging you with me."

I grabbed his arm and dragged him, using all of my muscles built within my tiny body to pull this giant. "What in the world do you eat?"

"You don't want to know." He chuckled as his butt was sliding down the tracks.

My wrists were pretty much aching and don't bother asking how I changed in the changing room. Because I didn't. Coach stated that there was no way we could change. Our clothes would simply hang on the cuffs, and we wouldn't be able to get our arms through. Either way, I didn't want to see Elliot naked, and I was certain he didn't want to see me naked. No thank you.