Chapter 59- Boys Will Be Boys

"Righty, who wants to go next on the Zip liner?" Derek requested as everyone took a huge step back, not daring to ride down the line.

I peered down a bit, noting how the ground looked so deep down from the zip line. With one fall, I could possibly die. Meh, if I die then I die. I shrugged it off already becoming excited to volunteer. Unfortunately, Adrian was the first one to ride down it, beating me to it, and I knew that he did it just to make me bad.

What that boy does to me!

"ME! ME! ME!" I beamed, lunging up and tightening my helmet. "I'll do it!"

"You sure about this Mayla? It does look quite high." Elliot gulped, peeking down over the railing.

"The zip line isn't on crack now is it?" I remarked. "Besides it'll be fun. Once in a life time experience."

"You're crazy," Andre mumbled.

"That's my best friend for you," Vivian agreed, patting my shoulder.

I sniggered, allowing Derek to secure and buckle me up, ensuring that there was no chance of me accidentally falling. He knocked my helmet when he was done."You ready kiddo?"

"Yep," I answered determinedly, springing up when the rope began to glide down the line.

Within a few seconds, my stomach formed into a bunch of knots. I didn't have time to catch my breath from how fast it was going. It was as if Tinker bell sprinkled some pixie dust all over me, and now I was flying. I could make out the entire city, every building, and every tree, I could even see where the dorms were. My feet dangled as I was carried away smoothly. Over my shoulder, the rest cheered me on when I moved further away with the wind smacking my face violently.

"WOOHOO!" I yelled as it speeded up, not caring that I probably swallowed a bug.

I tilted my head back and fluttered my eyes shut, wanting to live in this moment forever as it grinds to a halt. I waved when I saw Adrian waiting on the other side, combing his hair. My teeth grazed my lip, thinking I was going to crash into him, until his hands flew around me, drawing me close so I was secure.

"Steady," he cautioned, holding me firmly as my head went haywire. It wasn't helping when our breaths were mingling together. "How was that for a ride?"

Forget the ride, let's talk about how hot you are!

"AMAZING!" I hopped with ecstatic joy. "I want to go again, again, again!" I begged to one of the other camp workers.

"Don't worry, you can after everyone has had a go," she replied with a chuckle, taking off my attachments.

I snapped back to Adrian with a wry smile. "Did you hear that? We can go again!"

"Yeah we can," he answered as I stepped back with him besides me as the woman sent the thing back for the next person to have a turn.

When he suddenly struck my legs with his foot, I gasped, causing me to land onto his lap on the bench. "What the-"

My face flushed intensely crimson when I realised that I was sitting on this dudes lap, creating beads of nervous sweat to stream down my forehead. From his startled face I could that he was not expecting that all this either.

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!

NO, NO, NOPE!

I AM NOT SITTING ON HIS LAP!