Chapter 51- Indirectly Kissing

I watched as the clock hand shift very gradually. Twenty-five minutes to go.

Twenty-four minutes and fifty-six seconds to go now.

With my life eroding, I plopped my chin on my hands and continued to focus on the clock. There wasn't that many students at detention today which sucked because it felt so empty.

One person in particular wasn't here.

Adrian.

However, I spoke too soon, when I began to worry if he had left me here to suffer alone. Seconds later he passed the doorway, carrying his denim jacket on his broad shoulders.

Drooling over him, I staggered out of my desk and composed myself once I realised that no one noticed.

It wasn't my fault, anyone would admire that auburn silky hair that flopped onto his forehead. I wanted to reach out and glide my fingers through them continuously. What made this whole daydream even better was when his abs flashed in my mind. Oh boy. Like the day at the beach I couldn't get over myself. Vivian was right to take a Polaroid of it. But of course I missed my chance.

I slapped my face gently to wake me up. I needed to get over him. Not like he'd ever put them on show for me again.

"Mr Clarkson detention began five minutes ago." The teacher who was in charge of detention today, peeked up from his computer.

Adrian spun around on his heels. "I know."

The teacher flickered back to his computer with an irritated expression. "Every time," he mumbled.

Adrians ashy orbs drifted to me, and the same old excited grin created his dimples to become visible.

I stuck my tongue out at him, and he playfully rolled his eyes. The chair screeched against the floor as he took a seat at the desk behind me.

I carried on doodling on my bucket list paper to keep me occupied. So far, I had ticked all the wishes from last years list. And boy was I proud. Since we were in the start of January, I decided to create a new bucket list for the year.

I jotted down at least nine things to be yet to fulfilled throughout the months. Wishes that would stay in my memory forever.

𝑀𝒾𝓁𝒶𝓈 𝐵𝓊𝒸𝓀𝑒𝓉 𝐿𝒾𝓈𝓉:

Go camping.

Have a picnic in the park.

Play laser tag because I'd win.

Find out who Secret Crane is because I'm impatient.

Watch a genre that I hate.

Eat as much ice cream to feel like a kid again.

Catch fire flies in a jar.

Release fire lanterns into the sky.

Become happy again :)