Chapter 49- Broken Visage

Adrians PoV

I shuffled and tossed around in my blanket. It was 2:00 a.m. and I hadn't been able to sleep.

After all the guests left, I helped mom clean up the entire house as fast as I could since dad wasn't back yet. Not like he'd help us anyways.

Seeing as I couldn't get off of Instagram, I switched my phone off. But it wasn't my phone keeping me wide awake at this time, it was Mila.

Stupid Weirdo.

Her smile was radiant and the way she looked stunning tonight, made me want to sweep her off her feet. Never in my life had I met someone who always thought positive like the way Mila did. Yeah, she could be annoying.

Very annoying.

But it was kinda nice to have someone to be irritating to you.

If only she knew that I was the one who had been creating all those cranes. Maybe then I could've been with her instead of her being stuck with Nolan for all those years.

She sure used those quotes better than I ever would, and the amount of optimism that was within her eyes was immaculate.

But of course, she agreed with me that we were only friends. There was a slight hope that she'd disagree and run into my arms, claiming that she wanted more. This was reality however, and it was only I who developed feelings for her, never the other way around.

Suddenly, I jolted up from the position I was laying in as the sound of the door slamming rang through the entire house.

Already, I knew it was dad.

Extremely tired, I padded down the flight of stairs before mom, Callie, and Logan woke up.

Same routine.

Once I reached the final step, I was sighted with him worse than ever. His lifeless hair was all over the place and the whiff of liquor tingled my nose even though I was standing five feet apart from him. A large glass bottle of whisky was clutched in his left hand, while half of his white shirt was tucked out from his pants.

When his eyes flickered to me, that old sinister snarl reappeared on his chapped lips. "Adrian?" He slurred, squinting his eyes as he attempted to focus his vision.

Calming my impatience, I stepped closer to him and swiftly snatched the bottle of whiskey out of his grip, placing it on top of a nearby small table.

"What you doing son?" He wobbled until he gained his balance.

"Don't call me son." I gripped his shoulders firmly, sinking my fingers into his skin. "Where have you been, it's 2:00 a.m. in the morning, and you didn't attempt to even arrive at the New Years party."

He chuckled, spraying me with his strong alcohol breath like the child he was. "Oh yes ... happy new year!"

I pinched my nose, scanning the mess he was before stating the obvious, "You were out drinking at the bar again. Weren't you?"