Chapter 60- Emery Arden Lewis

Songs: IDK you yet- Alexander 23
All I Want- Kodaline
Yours- Ella Henderson
Give me love- Ed Sheeran

Chapter 60- Emery Arden Lewis

A simple name.

Emery Arden Lewis.

There were too many questions you could have asked about a person like her.

Who was she?

Why was she so important?

How did she make the world a better place to live in?

Well, actually, there were really no words that specified who she was. You'd have to write more than a million sentences to describe her, but even so that wouldn't be any accurate.

Because she was beyond extraordinary.

One question that can be answered is: What's the relationship I shared with a girl like her?

She was my best friend, my soulmate, my wife.

But most of all, the only person I'd ever love more than anyone else.

And she just so happened to be the girl who I couldn't spend the rest of my life with ...

Theo's PoV

*Flashback*

Beep.

Exhaustion crept in as I sat on the chair besides Emery's hospital bed. It was evident that my dark circles were showing, but I didn't seem to care. I didn't care about my health, nor catching up on sleep. All I cared about was the pale girl who was in misery as she laid there brittle like a stick.

Beep.

Never did I get used to the smell of hospitals. Every now and then, I'd swallow the poisonous bile that threatened to rise my throat because of the reminder it set me. The love of my life was sick, and there was no remedy for it. All I could do was watch as she deteriorated.

"Theo," Emery rasped, breaking out of her nap, attempting to sit up.

I jerked up and rushed over to her. "Hey Curly Locks," I whispered. "Don't move too much, it's not good for you." I landed a hand on her back to the point I could feel her spine since she grew thinner and thinner every second that would pass.

Giving her a hand, I progressively leaned her in as I gathered some cushions and placed them behind her, allowing her to rest again. "Thank you." She smiled gloriously at me with her chapped lips.

"Anything for you baby." I pecked her on the cheek, as she closed her eyes momentarily with relaxation before fluttering them open, locking her emerald eyes with my honey ones.

"How are you feeling?" I decided to ask the same old stupid question, knowing full well of the answer. However, there was always that slight hope where I thought there'd be a miracle that perhaps the pain would become more bearable.

"Do you want the truth?" She sent me a blunt expression, sniffing her gown and then gagging.

I watched her with knitted brows, smiling ever so dimly. "I don't exactly want a lie now, do I?"