Chapter 26- Panties In A Twist

The sound of an unusual alarm jolted me from my sleep. I rolled around, my eyes squinting, puzzled at what this sudden racket was.

"What are these boys doing in my house?!" I heard dad yell, disturbing my sleep.

Crap I was dreaming about Adrian shirtless! Thanks dad for ruining that.

That was when I fluttered my eyes open to find everyone wide awake. And then there were the boys who appeared frightened to death except for Adrian who watched in amusement. And Vivian who somehow had slept through all this clamour, mumbling incoherent words in her sleep.

I groaned and climbed out of my bed, shivering at the feeling of not having the duvet hugging me. I was trying to not step on Elliot and Andre who were located on the floor. It took me forever last night for me to yank Vivian into my bed. I was most definitely not going to allow her to sleep next to Elliot when they were only at their first stages of dating. Yeah, I wasn't looking forward to wake up to moans in the middle of the night.

I blinked a couple of times attempting to repair my blurred vision, glancing at dad who was fuming with the baseball bat clutched tightly in his hand. He was still wearing his blue officer uniform, suggesting that he had only arrived home now. Shit! Shit! I forgot to tell him about the sleepover.

Something grabbed onto my leg, preventing me from walking. I looked down to discover Elliot hogging it. "Mila, could you please calm him down?"

My other leg was then pulled back by Andre. "Yeah, that would be nice."

"Well I'm trying, but clearly I can't with you guys glueing my legs to the floor," I complained in a sleep-groggy voice.

I was about to speak further, but dad cut me off. "No one touches Poptart. Hands off of my daughter." He pointed the bat at them both.

They let go instantly, and I moved my gaze back to dad. "Come on, they're my friends."

He furrowed his brows. "Friends with boys? Being friends with boys will lead to a relationship. You can't trust them. And I know because I was one."

Right, because my dad was the biggest player when he was younger. I've heard it all, blah, blah, blah.

"Have you seen her boyfriend?" I heard Adrian mutter with a thick tone.

I wanted to correct him. I was battling the desire to tell him that he was mistaken. Nolan was undoubtedly not my boyfriend, well to me he wasn't. After all, I was still his property.

"Yeah and I allowed it after soo much persuasion from you." Dad groaned. "I was soo close to not agreeing with it.

What he said was true. It took far too much campaign to persuade him to enable me to date Nolan. Now I regretted every part of it. If I didn't try to convince him, I might've not been with Nolan right now, and I wouldn't be getting victimised. But it looked like I got myself in this mess.

"Mila, may I speak to you outside, alone, please?" Dad indicated sternly.

I sighed and followed behind dad outside my room, closing the door behind me, wanting some privacy. "Honestly I don't see what the problem is."