Chapter 50- I'm Officially A Badass

My eyes cracked open, only to meet pitch darkness, as there was no point to opening them. My tongue felt like sandpaper against the roof of my mouth, and it took all my willpower to peel it away.

It took a few minutes to connect the dots, and then all the scenes came flooding back like a wave, and I remembered where I was again.

He did it again.

He was always going to do it.

There was no stopping him.

The pain was screaming at me worse than ever, and I couldn't stop myself from hyperventilating from how long I had blacked out. After a few deep breaths and calming myself slightly, I reached and grazed my stomach, and felt the cuts and bruises he painted. I touched my scalp, but knew it was a mistake when I hissed at the small gash at the back of my head.

A metallic taste lingered around my mouth from how hard I bit my tongue, erupting a gag.

My broken bones. my torn ligaments. my battered soul. Together I was a decaying body.

"N-Nola-n," my voice came out raspy and strained, nevertheless it waved through the room.

Silence was all that was heard.

He left me in a room fully blacked out. I could've died because of him, yet he left me like he always did. Worst part was that if I was announced dead, no one would've known what had happened.

That was until a booming beeping noise beaded through my eardrums like it was a string. I felt like an atom not being able to find another to combine with. I was all alone in my divided world.

Sluggishly, I noted that I had to get myself out of here as I couldn't handle the walls closing up on me.

I found a light peeping through a small gap, leading the way to the door. Attempting to stand up, my legs collapsed. My stomach felt as if there were rocks stacked onto it.

I picked my phone from my back pocket and turned the flash on. I lifted my shirt up and glanced at the state of my stomach. It looked like a horse had trodden all over it, and my eyes welled up with tears. Shoving a fist in my mouth was not going to prevent my inner self from screaming.

After a few minutes of gathering my shit together, I stretched for the handle and pulled it open.

The sudden light immediately made me shield my eyes with my arm. I squinted and checked the time on my phone. My mind went crazy when I figured I had been trapped inside that room for over two hours hour. Which meant I missed two periods already, and everyone was at their third class.

I noticed the halls were still vacant. Everyone must have swapped classes while I was blacked out, not realising where I was.

I groaned and crawled towards my locker clutching onto the walls. My bag didn't help in the situation, because it weighed one of my shoulders down and it was going to become more heavier soon.

I fumbled my locker open, and something flew out. I rubbed my eyes, and tried making my vision clear again.

A paper crane.