Chapter 36- Because I'm A Cop

Songs:
Walking In The Wind- 1D
Lover of mine- 5sos
You & I- 1D

Chapter 36- Because I'm A Cop

Milas PoV

I rested my head against the seat, turning my face sideways to look through the thick window. It was pretty insane to believe that I was up in the sky along with the clouds. If only I could open the window and touch them.

But I knew my hands would sink straight through it.

Kind of like life, you couldn't touch it. Instead you had to experience the rain and storms it set for you.

"Dad?" I switched my head to stare at my father with his headphones on, focusing on the small TV screen attached to the back of the seat in front.

He couldn't hear me from the volume, and was too distracted by Iron Man saving the day. "Dad," I called out again. Still he didn't listen. I shoved him on his arm harshly. "DAD!"

He whipped his headphones off. "What? What? What?" He shrieked, snapping towards me in panic. "Is everything okay with the plane?"

I forgot to mention that dad had a slight fear of planes.

"Everything is fine with the plane." I sighed as I looked down.

"Then what's wrong?" He inquired.

"Nothing, forget it," I dismissed him, settling into my seat. "You can carry on watching your Marvel movie."

"Kiddo don't think you're getting away like that. You just interrupted me, now I'm listening to what you wanted to say." He pressed, placing his headphones on his lap.

I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes. "I told you it was noth-"

"Hey I'm your dad, and you obviously need to tell me something. So I'm here listening, please carry on with what you were going to say, because I'm missing my movie here."

Looks like he's not giving up. And this people, is where I inherited my stubbornness from.

I inhaled deeply and asked him, "Does it ever get easier? I mean does life get any easier?"

He paused as if I just blabbered on about how the earth was flat. "Since when does Poptart ask about life? You usually always see the bright side of things, what's going on?"

He was right. I was this girl who loved life, and could cope with any obstacles that led my way. Yet right now, everything appeared too much to handle. It was like as if life just wanted to play pranks on me, which got out of hand to the point I broke.

I kept staring down at my lap, hiding the frown on my face. "Just people, school work, tests are coming up soon, you know the usual stuff." I made up a bunch of excuses.

"Well one thing I know for sure is that life is always going to be a huge loop," he stated.

I lifted my head up, glancing at his face. "What does that mean?"

He placed a hand over mine with a small grin tugging on his lips. "Whenever you're happy, something bad will happen and will wreck it. But whenever you're upset, something good will eventually happen and make up for it. It's one huge never-ending cycle, and you've got to brace yourself for the worst and for the best life provides you with."

Throughout my lifetime of listening to advice, I had never heard of that one before. And now I realised how true it was. I was a happy child but then mom died. But I had Vivian and dad who looked after me, and a boyfriend I thought who loved me. It all flipped when the abuse kicked in, but the paper cranes and the three boys came into my life, and encouraged me to hold on. Yet they got ripped out, and now here I was.