Chapter 44- Wedding Wrecker

songs- Me and my broken heart- Rixton

Chapter 44- Wedding Wrecker

"So do you have a place to stay?" I decided to ask Adrian, curiosity taking over me.

I was hoping the answer would be yes. It would be stupid if he had nowhere to stay at, and Geepa and Geemas place was unfortunately fully booked.

He brought his hands out of his pockets to receive his blazer from my hands and shrugged. "This hotel, it's not too far from where you're staying." I arched a brow as to how he knew where I was staying, before he added, "Mom told me your location."

Right, Jillian was the only one who knew where Geema and Geepa lived.

"So how long will you be here for?" We re-entered the venue, avoiding the few glances from the guests.

He rubbed the back of his neck anxiously, stopping to turn and face me. "I'm actually flying back home on the same day as you."

"Wait, what?"

There was no need to linger here for me. After three days, I was flying back home, and the thought of not knowing when I'd see my family again upset me. Surely his family would want him back home now that he did what he needed to do.

"Yeah ..." he hesitated before explaining, but he started now so he decided to continue. "Mom also told me when you'd be back, and I bought the tickets for the same day." I was still confused by his point as he went on to clarify. "You see, plan A was to come here and sort out the mess I caused between us, which worked out fine." He gestured as I smiled with sealed lips. "But if there was a small chance of that not working, plan B was that I'd stay in Seattle for a while until you did."

I hated to admit it, but it was sorta sweet that he wasn't giving up on me after everything.

"And if that didn't work?" I inquired, rocking back and forth on my heels.

He laughed, slipping his blazer on with his muscles flexing. Oh Goodness, damn. "I really didn't want a plan C." His dimples were prominent as he moistened his lips. "But plan C was my last decision, and that was to allow Andre, Elliot, and Theo to beat the living crap out of me."

I barked out laughing at the thought as he rolled his eyes in amusement. "Wow, I'm starting to rethink that I shouldn't have been so easy on you."

"Well, there's no going back now," he pointed out. "Besides, the boys have been threatening me non-stop for a whole month alongside them planning to murder me," he went on. "It's nice to know that I can actually survive without sleeping with one eye open."

Awww, they're protective over me!

"Those are my boys," I sang, skipping further down the venue.

"Still, I would've beaten all their asses," he stated cockily. "Even with one fist."

"You keep telling yourself that," I assured with a smug smile.

It was bizarre how we spontaneously returned to our usual interaction, despite the fact that we stopped talking for a whole month. For some reason, with Adrian I could speak to him without feeling uneasy. It felt like I had known him forever, and he was that one friend that I couldn't seem to let go. I only stuttered when he did those minor things that set my heart to flutter dramatically.