Chapter 66- Sleeping Beauty

Songs: Style + willow- Taylor Swift
Better man + Want You Back- 5SOS

Chapter 66- Sleeping Beauty

After distancing myself from the rest, I came home exhausted from the long day. The only way for me to relax was to lay flat on my bed with Reese besides me, as I counted each every dangling from my ceiling.

What game was Secret Crane playing?

Did they want me to figure out who he was?

Or did they want to remain secret?

I suppose it was the last question seeing as this had been going on for months and I hadn't received any new clues, not even what gender the person was. It was impossible to figure out who this person was, which left an empty ache in my heart. It could only be filled and cured until I figured out who it was.

Reaching out, I lifted up the few Polaroids that were taken today and smiled vibrantly. It was almost hard to believe that I was wizzing through my bucket list for the year. Primarily, it was all because of Adrian, who was granting them and making them come true as if there weren't no time to waste. He was a dandelion that I was blessed to discover, and with every seed that drifted away came another wish he'd grant me with longing contentment.

Blocking my dreaming over Adrian, my phone began to buzz. I lifted it up to find Jacks name flashing my screen, and I didn't waste any time by answering the call. This was odd, Jack hadn't called in a while since he had been so occupied with studying, even Vicky struggled to keep in touch with him, but believe it or not she understood the pressure so she didn't mind.

"Hey, what's up?" I answered, sitting up as Reese crawled onto my lap.

"Just wanting to check up on you," he thought for a second, as the other line went silent. "... so Mila, how's everything?"

Yeah, definitely he knows.

I should've known better that Jack only called me now so I could update him on Adrian and I. And now I could sense from his scavenging tone that he knew everything and was probably celebrating at his dorm with a chocolate cake in front of him.

"Save the excuses." I shook my head, laughing under my breath. "So who told you, your girlfriend or your sister?

"Is it possible that both of them of did," he rushed out, giggling like a child who accessed too much candy. ""I'm your guys biggest fan! You don't understand how I reacted when I found out."

I sat on the floor, leaning against my bed as I snatched a tennis ball, throwing it around my room, waiting for Reese to chase after it. What did I expect? He did nothing except to just stare at me with his tongue stuck out.

Still can't play fetch.

"Let me guess, you went on twitter and announced it to the three followers you have about my dating life," I assumed, trying to capture the tennis from Reeses mouth, but squirmed when there was saliva coated all over it.

"That's something I'd do." Jack laughed loudly, then created a buzzer noise. "But ehh, you're wrong! I was at the movies and then my phone rang, and then I got hate for my ringtone. Who doesn't like having Nicki Manaj for their ringtone?"