Chapter 21

Ruels POV

she drags me outside into her backyard.

She has this little garden thing going on and an apple tree in the far corner. It was a pretty small yard but she made it work.

She's so amazing.

Nica starts climbing up the ladder that's leaning against the side of her house.

"Come on!! We might miss it!!" She says while climbing up the ladder.

"Are you sure this is safe?"I question.

"It's safe. I promise."

Ooookay.

"Come on Ruel!!"

"Okay okay just hold on a sec" I say while carefully climbing up.

She helps me up onto the flat roof. She goes over to the middle and takes off a plastic sheet that covers a couch.

How did she get this up here?

"Woah" I say.

"Come on" she says while grabbing my hand and pulling me to the couch.

This view is amazing.

The sun is setting and the sky is such a pretty colour of pink and orange.

But sunsets will always be here.

Nica won't.

Her eyes seem bright and full of energy. The sun light makes it seem like she's glowing.

All of a sudden she stands up and pulls me up too. She's still watching the sun set.

I pull her towards me and wrap my arms around her. She leans in and puts her head on my chest.

I can't help but be in awe of her. She's been through so much but still  appreciates these moments.

She looks up at me and smiles. She turns so she's facing me.

Nows your chance ruel.

I grab her waist and pull her in. I notice she's standing on her tippy toes to reach me.

We both lean in.

And our lips touch.

Finally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n
*Sigh*

IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN FOREVERRRRRRR

Thanks for reading this far. I'll try to keep updating!

:)xx