Chapter 23

Once we both get back inside Ruel pulls me to the couch.

We both sit down kinda awkwardly while holding hands.

After a few seconds I pull my legs underneath me and put my head on his shoulder still holding his hand.

We sit in silence for a couple minutes, breathing in sync until I hear his head turn.

"What are you thinking about right now?" I ask

"How hard it will be when I have to leave" he replies with his voice cracking.

This is the first time I see his face crumble a little. He made it so far without giving away any signs of hurt.

I guess everyone cracks at some point.

"Hey hey hey. I don't want to think about that right now. Come on. Let's do something with the time we have now."

"Alright" he says.

"So right now it's 8:40..... why don't we play Mariocart? Im pretty good if i do say so myself." I say trying to lighten the mood.

His face returns. He's actually happy again.

"Oh it's onnnnn."Ruel says with a smirk.

I jump up and start setting up the game. I come back to the couch with two remotes and hand one to ruel.

While I'm handing him the remote I look into his eyes. It catches some light and I realize that their actually a greenish colour.

I'm get lost in the mixtures of green with a hint of brown.

"What?" He asks.

"Oh nothing" I blush and look away.

I quickly sit back down and press play.

We choose our characters and start playing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Anyways I hope you guys liked this chapter.

It's pretty cringe ik.

Im hoping it will get better soon!!

I also want to thank everyone for the votes!!!

It really does mean a lot.

I think I'm gonna keep posting every Tuesday. That's a solid schedule right?

:)xx