Chapter 28

"Huh? What do you mean incredible?" I say.

"Ummm have you seen this? You must've spent hours on this thing!!! You are so talented and you don't even know it!!" He steps closer to the wall to examine it.

"Wow" he says under his breath.

"Oh" I say while looking at the ground.

"Wait.... is that supposed to be you?"he asks, pointing at the person in the middle of the circle.

"Yeah I guess so," I say. "Ever since my grandfather died I felt like everyone had left me. I felt like I was all alone."

Ruel walks over to me and gives me a big hug.

"I understand how you feel." He says.

I keep my head buried in his chest.

"Trust me, if I could stay here and keep you company for the rest of our lives I would," he says with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

"You don't mean that. You have your whole life ahead of you. You wouldn't just throw it away with both hands for someone as insignificant as me." I say pulling away.

"This whole thing is just the beginning for you," I say

"That's what everyone says. You can't just throw your life away Ruel. You can't do this with your life. You can't do that with your life. Well it's my life so maybe I should get to decide what I want to do with it." His voice cracked at the last part.

"You don't mean that" I say in almost a whisper.

"You go on tours for your many fans. You travel the world and have a family waiting for you when you get back home. What more could you ask for?" I say.

I can see the tears forming in his eyes.

"My freedom"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n
Yes yes, very dramatic.

I'll try my best to keep updating!!

Thanks for always reading

:)xx