The War for the Multiverse Begins

Infinite and Crystal walked into SB123 Mario's and SB123 Meggy's old house and met Meggy, who was sitting on the couch holding Comet in her arms.

Meggy: Hey, you two.

Infinite: How's Comet?

Meggy: Oh, he's been so precious. I'm also not going to lie... He's a very, VERY quiet baby.

You walked into the room with a bottle full of milk.

(Y/N): Yep. He's not made one single sound. 

Infinite: Heh heh. That will change soon, he'll start talking in a matter of months.

Crystal: That's right.

(Y/N): By the way, are you sure you want to go into battle, Crystal? It's only been a few days since you gave birth.

Crystal: I'll be fine. Francis advanced my recovery, so I'm ready for this war.

Infinite: *Cracks his knuckles* I overheard Lexi saying what happens if we don't win... Well... I don't actually know will happen. If the Multiverse is deleted, all that will remain is darkness. Then Shadownova will create the New Era.

Meggy: And that won't happen.

(Y/N): Damn right.

You gave the bottle of milk to Comet and he started to drink the milk.

Meggy: Aww... He's so adorable-

There was a knock on the door.

Crystal: Huh?

Infinite walked to the door and opened it, E.Gadd was standing there with a few robots.

E.Gadd: Hello there!

(Y/N): E.Gadd? What are you doing here?

E.Gadd: I heard about you needing someone to take care of your young one until the war ends. Well, I want to do it.

Meggy: Oh, the role is already taken-

E.Gadd: I insist. Plus, these robots here? They're very powerful and will attack anything hostile. 

(Y/N): Ooooooh.

E.Gadd: I will take care of Comet for you. These old bones aren't fit for fighting anyway, but I want to be of some use.

Infinite: Okay then. E.Gadd. I appreciate it a lot. 

(Y/N): I'll let Francis know about the change of plans.

Infinite picked Comet up and gently kissed his son on the forehead. Comet smiled and purred quietly.

Crystal: Aww...

Crystal did the same and Comet's tail started to wag.

Infinite: *Sigh* Goodbye for now, son... I promise you and everyone else... After this war is over, there will be true peace... And once the time comes for Xeggy and Wario-Man's attack, I will give them everything I've got for interrupting our world peace.

Comet seemed to understand and nodded slowly. E.Gadd took Comet from Infinite's arms and smiled.

E.Gadd: Your son is amazing. 

Infinite: Heh heh, thanks. Actually... I have TWO sons now.

E.Gadd: Wait, what?

Infinite: The future version of Comet came back to the past to aid us with this war. And so did my niece's daughter. 

E.Gadd: Wow, who will be next? A great-great-great grandchild from a further point in the future?

Infinite: Who knows? Maybe that will happen. Maybe it won't, but time will tell, as the saying goes.