Chapter Four - Cockroaches and swivel chairs

Ron climbed up onto Snapes chair and grinned triumphantly. The chair was far to big for him, it felt like a throne to the small child. His flaming ginger hair was quite a contrast from the black leather seat.

"Sevvvv.. what's in that jar?" Draco whined, trying to reach up to one of the shelves, the particular jar he was pointing at happened to be full of frogspawn. "Don't touch that, it'll break." Snape warned cautiously, pulling Draco away from the shelf.
Snape looked around. "...okay.. Ron, Draco, Blaise.. Pansy's over there an- shit." Draco let out a tiny gasp and covered his mouth.

"SEV SAID A BAD WORD!" He screeched, running around in circles. Snape internally groaned. "SorrY!" He yelled nervously as he looked around the office.

"Have any of you seen Hermione?" He asked eventually, after around 5 minutes of searching every single inch of the room. "H-Her..my- own- knee?" Blaise struggled to pronounce the name. Why the hell did Hermione's parents think that would be a good name. "Yes- Hermione- where did she go?" Ron span around in the chair, which just so happened to be a swivel chair and shook his head as he did.

"Stop it, you're making me dIzZzZy!" Pansy yelled trying to stop the chair from spinning.

Then he heard a dreadful sound.

SMASH. He froze on the spot. He didn't want to, but he whipped around to see what had happened. Out of all the troublesome toddlers around him, he hadn't expected Hermione Granger to be the one to smash something, but there she was, covered in large brown cockroaches. The poor child looked as though she was going to faint.

Her face was pale, as the cockroaches scampered all around the room. He definitely regretted leaving the, alive, cockroaches on the lowest shelf. Hermione's eyes filled with tears.
Harry, who had been very quiet the whole time, suddenly spoke, "Oh shit."
Snape wanted to laugh, but before he could tell him off Draco spoke. "OmG. How DARe you, SPeAk sUCh wOrDs- what's you name?" He stopped his scolding as be realised he had no clue as to what the boy infront of hims name was. "Harry."
"Harry who?" (DRACO)
"Did I say knock knock?" (HARRY)
"No?" (DRACO)
"Knock knock!" (HARRY)
"Come in." (DRACO)

Snape couldn't help but chuckle at this, as he walked over (very slowly) to the now screaming and wailing, Hermione. "Hey.. it's fine.. you aren't in trouble," Snape whispered to her as he approached her. "aAaAaAAAAh!!" Ron screamed from behind them. Snape turned around, very nervous to see what was going on.

Ron was hugging the back of the chair, pointing at a cockroach on the floor. Harry and Draco where arguing and screaming at each other, the only sentence he could work out was from Draco, "StOp yEllInG aT mE. YoU InCrEDIbLy cuTe mAn cHiLd!"
He attempted to quickly fix Hermione's hair, then grabbed an empty jar and scooped up the cockroach. "Don't worry! It's more scared of you then you are of it! I promise!" He told Ron as he closed the Jar and grabbed a knife (which he used to do stuff to his arms, which he wouldn't like to talk about infront of children. Or anyone.) from off his desk and poked holes in the lid.

"Pansy, can I trust you to carry this and set it on the first shelf over there, dear?" He asked, handing the Jar to pansy, who was quite tall. "Okay!" Pansy smiled cheerfully, taking the Jar and carrying it to the shelf.
"Dragon, Harry, calm down." Snape ordered - pulling Draco away from Harry. He glanced at the clock. Lunch time. He groaned, this time out loud, and lifted Draco up.

"Everyone, follow me. I dunno how this is going to go, but we might as well try it," he said loudly, lifting Ron off of his chair, and making sure the knife was securely placed on his desk (out of reach from the children.)
Just as they where about to leave the office, Draco, Harry and Ron all clinging to Snape while the other three walked behind, Severus felt a sharp yank at the back of his head. Ron, who was hanging on to the back of his robes shrank as Snape turned his head so he could slightly see him.
"No hair pulling!" He yelled, stopping and racing back to his desk. Be grabbed a hair tie, it had a little bow on it but he didn't notice (nor care). He quickly pulled his hair into a small ponytail. Draco stared at it in awe. "You look way cooler like that then daddy does!"

Snape gave him a small smile. He remembered how much he used to love it when Lucius let him play with his hair. He used to always put it in a ponytail, which was now all that Lucius really wore. His hair was usually a greasy mess, as he never really bothered with it.

They finally got out of the office and Snape nervously pushed open the door to the great hall. Dumbledore was standing, "ah, Yes, here he is now." Snape flushed slightly with embarrassment, Dumbledore had been talking about him, and now every face in the hall was staring at him. He looked down at his feet and walked as fast as he could without running. As he reached the front Dumbledore but his hand out to stop him. "Professor- I- please just let me sit," Snape pleaded. Dumbledore was probably the person he'd opened up the most too.

"Severus.. I need to explain where the children shall be sitting," Dumbledore explained, "As there aren't any spare seats at the staff table." Snape bit his lip, he did that when he was nervous, it was a bad habit. "Professor, don't tell me they will have to sit at the house tables! Or that I'll have to sit at a ho-"
"Spot on Severus," Dumedore chuckled. "You'll sit at the end of the Gryffindor table with them."
"Ew. Daddy said I should be a slytherin. Not a Gryffindor." Draco retorts, sticking his toung out in fake disgust. Snape turned around to go to the table when Dumbledore spoke again.

"Lucius Malfoy is coming tomorrow, to collect Draco Malfoy," Dumbledore told him. Snape could feel the colour draining from his already pale skin. "..oh no."

I didn't read over it, but hope that's good!

Shout out to teribbleart for giving me motivation to write this

:)