7. Uncertain

The chocolate cake splattered on his chest stained his white shirt and fell slowly to the floor. And to my utter terror, I looked back at his shirt and it spells scarier... GUCCI.

I spelled the large letters in red font again. Wishing that the spelling is not correct, wishing that the shirt is a fake one. But just thinking about his gate with a doorbell that works as intercom and opens automatically, looking at the heavy wooden door with intricate carvings, how can a Kim Taehyung wore a fake Gucci?

I dared to peek at his reaction. His face straight and his right brow raised. I felt cold because of the wet clothes clinging on my body but my palms began to sweat.

I felt a high-level of jitters creeping through me and my breath trapped somewhere inside my body. Maybe on my feet, I don't know. His face makes me want to run and hide. I know he's fuming, the only thing missing is the smoke that will come out from his nose like a steam train with a fresh supply of coal.

I cleared my dry throat. "S-sir, I'm s-sorry." I bite on my lower lip, still looking at his fixed expression.

I saw the man who opened the door for me the last time. He was rushing to our direction. Maybe, to check what's going on.

"Mr. Kim-"

Mr. Kim held up his hand to stop the man from talking. The man looked at me with a worried expression plastered across his face. Mr. Kim placed the containers in the man's arms and the man rushed somewhere in the house.

"Do you know how much is this?" Mr. Kim's voice thickened with anger. His thumb and index finger pinch a part of his chocolate-stained shirt.

I lowered my head as I shake my head. I don't have any idea. The most expensive shirt I bought is $20.00.

"This is six hundred eighty dollars."

My eyes shot wide, my mouth fell open. How can a shirt cost more than my one month salary?

I remembered the three hundred dollars I received from the man who hit my bike. I get it from my pocket and offered it to him.

"I only have $300, sir. But I will pay it in full. I promise Mr. Kim." I can't believe that that damn shirt will cause me our monthly rent and Jungkook's books.

He grabbed the money from my hand. The man who brought the food somewhere just came back and he looked bewildered by the scene.

"Mr. Kim-"

Mr. Kim raises his hand again and the man shuts up immediately.

"Did you know that Sam washes this by hand?"

How will I know? I don't even know you. Tsssss...

I shake my head.

He yanked the shirt from his body and tossed it on me. I grabbed it and held it against my chest. I quickly take my eyes away from his naked upper body. I am avoiding to blush. Jungkook always sleeps without a shirt on but he's my brother. Mr. Kim is unknown to me.

"Wash it."

I looked at him in disbelief. "S-sir?"

"I want it hand washed."

"Mr. Kim, I can wash it for you." The man said looking at me with pity.

"No, Sam. Bring him to the laundry room and let him wash it. By hand." Mr. Kim walks away and heads upstairs.