66. Surprises

I almost dip my whole face in the toilet as I vomit. My stomach heaves as I expel the food I had for breakfast. Taehyung keeps on rubbing my back. It feels odd. I love egg sandwiches but as soon as I tasted them, my stomach took a turn.

After I brush my teeth and gargle some mouthwash, Taehyung pulls me into his arms. I lean my head on his chest and wrap my arms around his waist. I feel a lot better this way. Him near me. Him hugging me. Just his presence is enough.

"Just get in the bed and I'll get something for you downstairs. Soup?" He offers but I decline.

"I have classes today. I can't lie down to bed," I hold his shirt as he tries to lay me down to bed.

Taehyung gives me a sharp stare so I give in and sit down on our bed. "You think you can go to school when you just vomit like that? What if you pass out? No. Stay there. I will go on leave today and I will ask our doctor to come over to have you checked up. Now, let me talk to Sam to prepare something for you."

I watch him remove his necktie before going out of our bedroom. It feels weird vomiting after eating. I love to eat but lately, there are foods that I find unappetizing. Foods that used to be my favorite smell weird. I remember throwing up at school when one of the students order spaghetti. I hate the smell. Weird. I love spaghetti.

"Well, anything you're craving for?" Sam asked as he massaged my feet. It was kind of relaxing.

"I'm craving for Kimchi Jjigae with soft tofu and ramen and egg and cheese," my mouth salivate right away. Just the thought of the food made me instantly hungry.

Sam laughed hearing me said the food that I wanted to eat. "Don't worry much about vomiting. It's normal in pregnancy. Maybe your first trimester is hard but the next will be better. Any unusual or if you feel uncomfortable, you contact your doctor."

Taehyung smiled. I smiled too. Sam may be single but he knew a lot. He talked about his nieces and nephews a lot and his grandchildren from them. Maybe that's the reason he knew a lot about pregnancy.

It's good to find someone saying the right words to comfort you. I have felt so sensitive and emotional lately. And I was so picky with foods. There were times I wanted to sleep and skip school. Pregnancy took its toll on me. I couldn't say I didn't like it. It's hard but I would sacrifice anything for this. For my baby. For my and Taehyung's baby.

"I'm sorry," Taehyung instantly looked at me after hearing me apologize. "I know you need to go to the office but here you are looking after me."

Taehyung stared at me in disbelief. I already knew that he wouldn't agree with me. He settled beside me and put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close, making me lean my head on his chest.

"There's nothing more important than you and our child. Sure, work is important but it can wait. I can reschedule my meetings if there are any and I have trusted employees who can step up on my behalf.

Your health and our baby cannot wait. I need to be here to take care of you and to make sure that you're fine. Besides, I am pretty sure that I cannot concentrate at work because I'm thinking about you. It's better to hear straight from your doctor that you're fine. So don't you ever feel guilty if I will go on leave to take care of you. I am more than glad to do it for you."

Taehyung. My Taehyung. I always think that I am the luckiest man in the world to have him beside me. To have him as my partner and to have him as the father of my child.

"I scheduled to meet Hoseok today but since I will be staying at home, I think I'll cancel it."

Taehyung crumpled his forehead and shook his head. "Why don't you invite him here for dinner instead? Or maybe a sleepover? I bet he would love that."