42. Freed

Thank you for the love, my dear readers.

Warning:

This is a FANFIC. Our Jiminie is a precious angel. We all know that. 💜🐥

***

Seokjin

"I told you, my plans are perfect!" Hoseok said as he follows me at the locker room. He pulls out the lip balm again and dabs some more on my lips. "See, Mr. Kim noticed you more than that bitch out there."

I cannot laugh or smile. I am more anxious. How can I call Mr. Kim by his first name in front of Jimin? I am sure Jimin is fuming right now.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Hoseok asked when he finally noticed that I am nervous.

But before I can even speak, the door of the locker room slammed open. Jimin looked extremely angry. His hands balled into a fist. He is sprinting fast towards me, even Hoseok went rigid looking at him. Point blank, I felt a hard slap on my face. I felt my lip tore from the contact. And another one connected on my left cheek and it left me tumbling on the floor.

"You're a fucking flirt! I knew it! You're trying to steal him from me, you gold digger bitch! Fuck you!" Jimin yelled at me as I try to sit down, tears streaming down my cheeks.

But he pushed me down and started to scratch my face. I covered it with my arms and felt his fingernails scraping my skin. I can only cry and beg him to stop. The next thing I saw, Jimin is on the floor as Hoseok pulled him off me.

"What the hell are you doing!!" Hoseok growled at him and some of the staff went in to check out the commotion.

"Ask your friend! You're acting like some good innocent nice guy when in fact you're just another whore trying to steal Taehyung from me! Why? Do you like his money?!" Jimin said angrily. His eyes glaring and his teeth gritting.

I shook my head frantically. "No! No! It's not true!"

"Shut up!!" Jimin moved forward and Hoseok covered me with his arms. My chest tightened from crying so hard. My cheeks felt so numb but the scratches on my arms are stinging like hell.

Jimin gets my bag from the locker, looking for something inside. His eyes pierced through mine then throw the tube of hand cream on my face that Mr. Kim gave me.

Hoseok wanted to pounce on Jimin but I pulled him back.

"You're accepting a gift from him?! Do you think he likes you? He only gave you that because you looked so fucking pathetic! Same old clothes? Second-hand shoes? Holes on your bag? He pitied you!" Jimin screamed while tears pour down his face.

"Wow! And how did you know it's a pity? Did you ask Mr. Kim?"

"Hoseok... please..."

"You're fired! You're fired Seokjin! Leave my restobar now! I don't need you here!"

I shook my head. "Jimin... Please, let me explain. No, please."

Jimin pulled me by the arm and started to drag me out of the room. Hoseok kept on pulling me back but I think Jimin's anger is just unbeatable right now.

I found myself outside the bar. People looking at us as Jimin throw my bag on the ground. I can't do anything more. The anger in his face is so powerful I cannot even look straight in his eyes.

"I don't want to see your face ever again! Remember this day when you betrayed me Jin. You don't know how to look up to all the helps I gave you and your brother!" Jimin cried and what he said broke my heart. I did not betray him. I tried my best to avoid Mr. Kim. But I guess what I needed to say are all non-sense for him now.

But what hurts me the most is when Hoseok removed his apron and throws it to Jimin. "I quit."

I hold on to Hoseok's arm. "Hoseok, no. Please?"

"I don't want to stay with someone who is as fake as the scarf he gave to my best friend!"

Jimin's eyes glared at Hoseok but Hoseok just raised an eyebrow at him.

"Once I learned that you tell lies about Jin to Mr. Kim, I will not hesitate to drop all your secrets. How you used Jin for your own gain? I will never forget that you fake bitch!"

Jimin's eyes widened. I can feel the fear in his eyes. Hoseok pulled me away from the store. Away from the eyes of the customers who look shocked witnessing something so embarrassing. And away from Jimin whom I once called my best friend.

***

I am sitting outside a pharmacy waiting for Hoseok who buys ointment and wet wipes for my wounds. I wore a cap to cover my face because I notice some strangers curiously looking at me.

Hoseok sits beside me as he pulled out wipes to clean my wounds and applying ointment afterward.

"That bitch. If you did not ask me to stop, I will surely break his nose." Hoseok ranted while treating the cut on my lower lip.

"You should have not quit your job," I said, feeling the heaviness of the tear threatening to fall from my eyes.

Hoseok pursed his lips and stared at me. "You think I can work there with a snake? I can't so please stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault. It's my choice. Don't worry, we will find a job soon."

I looked down thinking about my situation. The only job I have right now is the newspaper delivery every morning. How can we survive if I will only earn $20.00 a day? But I worry about Jungkook a lot. More than before.

"I'm worried about Jungkook," I admitted. "He will be graduating soon."

Hoseok frowned. Aside from Jungkook, Hoseok is my ray of sunshine. But today, he looked a bit worried. "You have no choice but to tell him the truth. You already have enough lies, Jin. Don't cover it with more lies."

"I'm sure he will get angry once he sees my scratches."

"He should be angry! Look what he did to your handsome face. Well, you're still handsome." Hoseok smiled and hugged me. "I'm sorry you need to experience all that. You don't deserve to be treated that way. Don't worry, everything will be all right. Okay?"

To be honest, I don't know how to answer Hoseok. It's been a very rough day for me. I did not expect this to happen today. And I blame myself for it.

I cannot find the right words to describe what I am currently feeling. It's just so painful to think about all of it. Why am I so unfortunate? Is life really unfair to me?

***

I went home late. I spent the day on the bench under the tree. My favorite place when I am feeling stressed.

I don't know what to do now. I'm not sure how to face tomorrow. It looks like the money I saved for Christmas will be spent until I find a new job. But what I worry about the most is disappointing Jungkook.

"Hyung, I'm waiting for you! Look at my grade!" Jungkook rushed to me as soon as I arrived home. I kept my head low as I look at the paper he's proudly showing me. And I smile after seeing his grade. A genuine proud smile.

"That's great! I'm so proud of you." I said still keeping my head down. I'm trying my best not to show my face. But I guess I'm not good as he pulls me back and lifts my chin. I can tell, he's angry.

"Who did that?" His voice firm and scary.

Words are trapped in my throat. Hoseok told me not to lie. I will not lie. I just don't know how to say it.

"Who did that!!!" Jungkook raised his voice making me jump in horror. He never raised his voice at me.

I guess this day has been too much that I only cry in response. And Jungkook responded just the way I expect him to. Hugging me. And I just cried on his chest. Letting out all the pains I endured the whole day. The past few weeks.

"I lost my job Kookie... I'm sorry."

Jungkook tightened his arms around me after saying what I needed to say. And the next words he said made me cry hard.

"It's okay, hyung. It's okay."