What It's Like Being A Sunflower

Warning: contains domestic abuse and bulimia...

I started writing this book at 14 up until 15. I know I'm very weak at this whole writing a book thing. It is my first book and I know it's no excuse but I tried using all my knowledge that I earned from reading to create what I have made and shared.

I took an idea of creating a bucket list from a Bollywood movie called Ek Villian. That movie made me love Polaroid's and I actually have my own bucket list. However I didn't completely copy as I added my own ideas. Ps- it's really hard to think of original ideas when there's over a million people who think alike.

Since it's my first book I built all my imagination and packed it into 76 chapters. It took a while, I officially started writing at October 17th 2019. I will be updating, hopefully everyday so stay tuned.

Some of the work I'm not proud of and some I am. There's a lot going on in the book and I feel like some of the viewers might find it too much. But if you do there's no harm to stop reading it. Wattpad is really all about opinions on different books.

I joined wattpad to read books and I never really thought about writing my own book. Partly it was because I'd get hate and also I'm not very skilled at writing.

I don't mind my book getting low reads that's not why I intended to write it. I wrote it because it'll help me practice on how to possibly become an author in the future.

This book has lots of different messages: never to lose hope, speak to someone about abuse, don't stop fighting for a goal.

Personally the protagonist I'd say is a lot like me but there's obviously differences. We both share the idea of a bucket list and loving Polaroid's and all the tv shows she mentions. We both love humour. Okay she's basically me.

I think the books that got me on the edge of my seat were The badboy and the tomboy, Shes with me, and I sold myself to the devils vinyls... Both three wattpad books created me to da girl over the romance. And the authors truly inspired me.

I want to dedicate this story to my friends especially. And I know they're reading this because I wouldn't stop blabbering on about how excited I was to release this. They hate reading so I am grateful they are taking their time to read my work because of how much they care for me. So I love you guys even though you are all bitches ;)

I am hoping on writing a sequel to this if people do vote for it.

I hope you guys all enjoy this mess of a story. Prepare yourself with some humour, anger and emotions.

Note- I don't do sex scenes. Sorry :)

-shaila x