S3Pt15 - The Supply Run

It was the next day and Rick wasn't back yet. I couldn't deal with sitting around and doing nothing so I decided to go on a run. I walked around the cellblock and found Glenn.
"Hey Glenn!" I called out.
"Yeah." He called back.
I walked over to him and he was standing outside his cell.
"I'm going on a run. I should be back no later than tonight." I told him.
He nodded at me. "Actually, I have a list of things I was going to get later. But since you're going now." He said and handed me a list.
I nodded and took the list.
"Thanks." I called back as I left the cells.
I got outside and started up one of the cars. I was about to drive off when Daryl ran to my window.
"Where're you going Kell?" He asked.
"Going on a run for the group. Glenn gave me a list." I said.
Before I could speak again, Daryl was already in the passenger seat.
"Let's go." He said.
I stared at him, rolled my eyes, and eventually drove off. We drove away from the prison and found a hunting store. I parked the car, grabbed my bag and weapons, and pulled out Glenn's list.

NEED:
• Ammo • Tools
• Food • Guns
• Water • Melee Weapons/Silencers
• Medicine, Antibiotics, Peroxide
• Baby Crib • Baby Clothes
• Anything we can use
WANT:
• Clothes • Comic Books
• Journal/Diary • Camera
• Board Games • Paper/Pencils
• Books • Blankets/Pillows

"What do we need Kell?" Daryl asked.
I folded up the list and put it in my pocket.
"Guns, weapons, ammo. Anything we could find." I said.
He nodded and we walked into the store. He started ransacking the shelves, taking whatever was left. I went behind the counter and saw a dead body. A man held a rifle up to his chin and shot himself. I grabbed the rifle and his bag that was full of ammo. Daryl broke the glass counter and took a few hunting knives that were in there.
"Anything else?" Daryl asked.
I took one last look at the dead man and slowly shook my head.
"No. That's all." I said.
Before we left, I saw this compound bow hanging up on the wall and stared at it. I grabbed a back arrow quiver that was full of a dozen arrows.
"What you planning on doing with that?" Daryl asked.
"It's quiet and long range." I said and grabbed the bow off the wall.
"Do you even know how to shoot?" He asked.
"Teach me." I smirked at him.
I held the bow, which was nice and heavy, and wore the quiver on my back. I smiled at Daryl as I left the store with my new weapon. We then went back to the car and put everything in the trunk, and drove off to the next store. Down the street there was a small hardware store and I pulled over there.
"I'll go in, grab what we need. You keep watch." I told Daryl.
I took out my knife and slowly walked into the store, and Daryl kept watch by the door. On the back shelf I saw a full toolbox and walked over to it. It was eerily quiet. I grabbed the toolbox from the top shelf, but it slipped out of my hands. A loud bang echoed in and out of the store, and all the tools fell out.
"Shit." I muttered.
Then the moans filled the air. Walkers came out of every corner and I was going to get trapped. I quickly threw all the tools in the box and turned around.
"Kelley! Get the hell out of there now!" Daryl yelled.
He started killing the walkers that were coming after him and I killed some more. There were over a dozen that found us and I ran over to Daryl. He grabbed my hand and we ran to the car. He opened the passenger door and threw me in. I reached over to the drivers door, opened it, and he got in. Walkers surrounded the car and hit the windows.
"Go! Go! Go!" I yelled.
Daryl started up the car and drove off, leaving the walkers in the dust. Once we were far enough away we pulled into a grocery store and pharmacy parking lot. I got out of the car and went into the pharmacy and Daryl went into the grocery store. The shelves had some medicine left, it wasn't a lot, but we could use it all. I found a few candy bars and stashed them in my bag. I looked behind the counter and found a pistol. I took it and walked into the grocery store. I grabbed what was left of water and drinkable items and I saw Daryl getting food several isles down. I went to go meet Daryl when I saw him crouching down and hiding behind a shelf. I instantly hid too and waited. A group of walkers were walking behind him and into the pharmacy. As soon as they passed, Daryl snuck over to me, and dragged us out of the store. We quickly put everything we got in the car and Daryl drove off. I looked at a map and saw that the last place we should go is the mall.
"It might be dangerous, but we can get everything else there." I said.
Daryl looked at me and I saw he wasn't too keen on the idea.
"It's our last stop. I swear." I said and held his hand.
He sighed and slowly nodded his head. He drove us to the mall and we got out of the car.
"Let's grab what we need and let's go." I ordered.
In the front of the mall, so far there were no walkers in sight. I walked into a clothing store and grabbed handfuls of shirts and pants for everyone. I specifically found a denim jacket with a warm cotton inside and took it for Carl. I walked into a bookstore with Daryl and he looked at the list. I found a few walkers and killed them quietly as Daryl grabbed all the books we needed. I grabbed a handful of comic books for Carl and put them in my bag. In the back I found a Polaroid camera and a whole bunch of film. I also grabbed a journal and walked out of the store. I saw Daryl walk out after me reading a book and I smiled at him. Next, we went to a furniture store. I grabbed a cart, and Daryl filled it with blankets, comforters, and pillows. Lastly we walked into a baby boutique to get stuff for Judith. Daryl picked up a crib that needs to be assembled and put it in the cart. I grabbed a bag from the counter and filled it with baby clothes, all the way from 1 month old to toddler age. I picked up several toys, baby books, and bottles. Daryl walked over to me and saw me holding a baby blanket. He put a hand on my hip and kissed my shoulder.
"She is going to be so spoiled by you." He whispered.
I smiled and put the blanket in the bag. We finished up with grabbing all of the formula left on the walls and walked out of the store.
"Is that everything?" Daryl asked.
I checked the list one last time as we walked down the halls of the mall. I checked off everything we got and we ended up getting everything on the list.
"Yeah, actually." I said and put the list in my pocket.
"Good, cause I want to go home already." He said.
We laughed and Daryl wrapped his arm around my shoulders. We turned a corner and I was horrified about what I saw. There was a dead couple with two dead kids holding hands and leaning against the wall. They were all shot in the head and it looks like the father killed himself last. I stood in shock and couldn't move.
"That could've been me and my family... could be Daryl and I... But I know that will be all of us... one day." I thought.
Daryl gently grabbed my waist and turned me away. Once we left the mall, we got in the car and Daryl started driving away. I stared out the window and everything was silent. I didn't dare speak a word, for I didn't have anything to say.