you won't let go when she hugs you

The loud slam of the door caused Rosé to jump from her spot on the couch. She noticed the sad look in her eyes and she opened her arms for you right away. The movie she had previously invested herself in was now the last thing on her mind; she only cared about you in that moment.

Your shoulders were slumped as you walked to her. You crawled into her arms and for the first time all day, you sorta smiled as she pulled you onto her lap. You held onto her tightly, finding comfort in the sound of her heartbeat as you laid your head on her chest.

"Did you have a long day?" She asked, bringing you even more comfort as her hand slid up and down your back.

You wordlessly nodded and as her lips brushed along the crown of your head you let out a soft sigh.

"Do you need anything? Let me go get you..." She started to say and tried to move, but you cut her off by clinging onto her even tighter than before. She laughed, the sound sweet and just what you needed to hear after your day.

You knew she was smiling. You could feel her eyes on you. "You're sure you don't need anything?"

You nodded.

"You're not letting go anytime soon, are you, baby?"

This time, you opened your eyes and looked up at her with a look of happiness in her eyes. She sure was thankful to see that.

"No. I'm not."

She cupped your cheeks and brought you in for a kiss, and as her lips moved against yours slowly, softly, you found all of your worries slipping away. There was a flutter in your heart when her thumbs began to brush along your cheeks. You couldn't help the smile that spread across your face when you felt her touch.

"Good. Because I don't plan on letting you go for a while, either."

You found yourself laying your head back on her chest. You found comfort in her voice in your ear and the touch of her hand along your back.

Even after a long day, you always find comfort in her.

"Love you." You whispered tiredly, and after you spoke she started to kiss across your forehead until her head fell onto yours and her grip on you tightened a little to hug you closer and tighter.

"Love you more."