Chapter 39: The Regretful Truth

It was evening and I called out to my friends, including their brothers and sisters. As we finished watching the video this morning it's time for us to discuss this situation and deal with it. The Forgotten one was behind all this chaos huh? I'm surprised. It wasn't long until all of them had finally arrived.

"I guess all of you watched the videos about the past of our parents. Since we all did we finally have the answer to all this chaos that's happening around us." (Giyumi)

All of us gazed at each other for a moment and nodded.

"So the person responsible for all this chaos was the forgotten one. A creature that has all around its body. But it turns out that this creature has a human form." (Kukashi)

"So before dealing with her we have to wipe out first the entire infested race so they won't spread that virus any further." (Kanade)

"What we have to do first is to find for the two spirits, Hina and Usagigoke. But how will we ever find for them?" (Asugi)

Viola and Sainueye gave a very deep sigh, which made our attention turn to them." I heard that Oka-san was managing a bar or something before she placed us in the Fuchimo's and Kuwanari's doorstep when we were still kittens." (Sainueye)

"Yeah, I've thought the same thing. And I also heard that the bartender there was a person named Tezume?" (Viola)

All of us gossiped at the same time and started murmuring to each other. Wait, Tezume? Isn't he a member of the Mystic Regiments that Onii-chan was leading?

"Tezume never told me that he had other jobs like that! That little scum kept it a secret from me huh? Well, it's not like a big deal or anything. But still, that surprised me." (Tsunoru)

Then it wasn't long until our parents arrived, along with the parents of my friends?" Otou-san, Oka-san, what are you doing in here?" (All)

We said at the same time as they entered the household with a very sad look on their faces. I guess they've already figured out that we've watched their old hidden videos."Don't lie but we've figured out that you've watched the videos your Grandfather's and grandmothers took when we were still elementary students, till High School of course." (Chiyomi)

We all stood up with worried looks on our faces and some of us gritted our teeth in response.

"Why? WHY DID YOU PRETEND THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW ALL OF THIS HUH? WHY DID YOU HIDE THE ENTIRE TRUTH FROM US? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE'S CRISIS OUT THERE." (Kanade)

"Kanade enough! Save your rant for later. *sniffled* "Let's all hear out what our parents will have to say. It's useless if we just kept ranting about this situation without hearing them out." (Honeko)

We all took our seats and grabbed ourselves a drink before listening to what our parents will have to say to us. They all gazed down before looking at us with a straight face.

"As you may have all know the source of infestation came from the forgotten ones infestors. We were planning to kill that creature once all of you had mastered your abilities." (Takemoru)

"You see, this creature can't be killed without a group of ability wielders. Using basic weapons against that creature is very useless since it holds different sorts of magic." (Yuzu)

"We made our promise, that if the forgotten one will make its move here in Tokyo we'll stick together again as one. Which is now fulfilled and now we're ready to face it once again without running away." (Misaki)

"You want to know why we kept this as a secret from you? It's because we don't want you to get killed! You might try plotting something without our consent!" (Hiyoko)

All of us were speechless since it was the truth. As everybody says, the truth always hurts. I guess some of them are right, we're trying to plot something against the attack of the Forgotten One without letting our parents know. I guess we went overboard.

"We apologize for what we were about to plot. We just don't want you to get harmed, so we decided to plan an all-out attack against the forgotten one's puppeteers. I know it sounds risky, but we can't just stand here and do nothing." (Kuruna)

Our parents gazed at each other and looked down with a sigh and a very depressing visage, making you give up on everything you did so far, but it didn't work well.

"Also, it's about time our Onee-chan spits out the truth about their organization, this includes about the incident about what had happened to Gomei last month" (Mihari)

Wait, what? Involved in killing me? How's that even possible? I just died due to a sudden heartache after drinking water -- wait, water? It tasted so different when I first took a sip.

"It appears that he had a sudden heartache after drinking his water, and that water must've contained something. He won't just die if he drinks water because as we've learned that water is a non-chemical substance. So, it will just make it less tired. We all know that water can't do anything to us." (Kukashi)

"If Kukashi's instincts are right. Then --" (Tsunoru)

Me, my friends, and older brothers darted our gazes at our older sisters. Don't tell me that Onee-chan was involved in my death! I'm so not going to interact with her anymore if she does. Unless she has an explanation for this. Our older sisters deeply sighed and slowly gazed at us.

"I guess you've caught us red-handed. Yes, we were behind Gomei's death. I-I-I'm so sorry, we didn't intend to do that! We did it for one reason!" (Kanade)

Our parents were still gazing at the floor, speechless and depressed, they couldn't believe that their precious daughters would do such harm. Tsunoru grabbed Kanade's front shirt and raised it by force, making her slightly suffocate.

"Why the hell did you do it then HUH? TELL US GOD DAMN IT! WHAT DID HE EVEN DO TO YOU TO JUST SO YOU COULD KILL HIM?" (Tsunoru)

"WE HAD BEEN USED OKAY? WE LIED THAT WE DON'T KNOW THE FORGOTTEN ONE BUT IN REALITY, WE WERE DOING EVERYTHING THAT CREATURE IS ORDERING US TO DO! Get me now?" (Kanade)

They were colluding with the Forgotten One? This can't be, there has to be some other reason! If they were just doing their job then that must've been -- that creature was after me? What did I even do to make that creature kill me? Though I still remembered when I was still a male, I tried helping out a little girl who walks around the road.

When I helped her out, turns out that my help didn't ought to work out. When we were going back to the sidewalk she got hit by a truck, which made my eyes widen. 

She wasn't breathing anymore. Wait a minute, in the video that we've watched, I think Oka-san or Otou-san mentioned that the forgotten one was referred to as she or the parents of my friends. 

Everything's coming back to me. Now I know why my Onee-chan and Onee-san's was ordered by the Forgotten One to kill me, it was because of the truck incident that had happened 3 months ago, now I get it.

"All of you shut up and get over with it already! Even though Onee-chan and the other three were responsible for my twin brother's death I don't care. That's because there's a reason, and that reason is about the incident that had happened 3 months ago." (Giyumi)

"3 Months ago? Wait, wasn't that about a little girl who got hit by a truck on the road? What's the connection of that incident in Gomei's death? Hold on --" (Atsuni)

Atsuni, Kuruna, Mihari, and I gazed at our parents who were still looking down. But the moment we talked about the little girl all of them raised their heads one at a time with surprising visage.

"Gomei was the one responsible for that incident? I can't believe it. No wonder why the Forgotten one is still onto us. Still, I can't believe the four of you killed him. Since the truth has been revealed we have no other choice but to ground you for 5 Days! No buts."(Hiyoko)

"Well, we have to do this so you could learn what's right from wrong. We'll just plan with your younger sisters and brothers. We're sorry." (Chiyomi)

When it was night time Kishige and I were playing some late-night video games and both of us had so much fun. Then, we started discussing our plans.

"Is it okay to hide our true form Kishige-Chan? I mean we're spirits and I don't even know if I'll be telling my parents or Onii-chan about this." (Giyumi)

"Relax Akane, let them figure out who we are and I'll explain everything to them. I can't just abandon the Battlecruiser just like that. Even though I have someone in the second command doesn't mean everything's going to be okay." (Himezu)

"Alright, fine. Also, where's Usagigoke and Hina right now? I wanted to meet them in person!" (Giyumi)

"Hina's just lurking around in the shadows while Usagigoke only walks around during rainy days. We'll meet them in person after we gather information about the Forgotten One." (Himezu)

All this chaos is happening because of me. If I hadn't spaced out at the road then I would be able to save that girl. Once I finally spotted her I'll just tell her that I'm sorry....wait, since I had been resurrected as a girl I'll just explain and tell her that my twin brother is sorry, so we could end this crisis and live peacefully.