Chapter 63

~A week later~

This week has been hard for everyone, especially Namjoon. I wanted this all to be a dream, but life continued to move on without Kim. When ARMY found out, they comforted Namjoon. Something in me knew that he needed to move on by himself. I, on the other hand, tried my best to comfort BTS as well.

What about the others who participated? They lived, luckily.

It was a rainy day. Kim's family came all the way to Seoul for her funeral today.

As I watched the rain fall, an umbrella appeared above my head. I looked over to Yoongi.

"It's time," he said. "I don't want to go..." I lowered my head. "You have to go. I'm sure she wants you to be there," he replied. "This is all my fault. I should have let Mimi kill me-" I said. "How do you think I would feel if I lost you? I already lost my best friend, and I'm devastated. I haven't been getting a lot of sleep. What would happen to me if you died?" he asked. I looked at him, he was crying. Then he wiped away his tears. "You mean the world to me. If you died, I would burn myself in a motel," he said,

"I wouldn't be able to handle it. This situation is less painful since you're here with me. If you weren't here, I would have joined Kim... It's just... I wish it didn't happen." "I wish it didn't happen either, and I can't help but blame myself. She died to stop my suffering, but was it worth it knowing I'm moving on without someone like her? Do I really deserve to be happy? Should I be? Everyone crashed after her death. So was it worth it?" I asked. Then tears started to well up in my eyes. "It all depends..." he answered.

~At the funeral~

Everyone watched the coffin pass by them. The entire place was depressing. Everyone was in tears, and those who weren't eventually broke down crying.

"Does anyone have anything to say?" Kim's older brother asked. I quickly shot up my hand. He nodded and stepped away from the podium. I went up and Yoongi followed me. "My name is L/N, Y/N, and I'm Kim's friend. I hate to say it... but she died trying to protect me. When I first met her, I could tell she was an amazing person. She's been saving me ever since that day, and she meant a lot to me. Even when she was dying, she wouldn't stop smiling. It just showed us how strong she was. I hate that she's not here with us... I- I..." I started crying even more.

Yoongi wrapped his arm around my shoulder before taking my place. He cleared his throat. "Kim was my best friend, and she was always kind. Even when she seemed insecure, she was still confident. I think that I can say, on everyone's behalf, that she was truly a motivating person," he said. Everyone nodded in agreement. "She had plans for her future. It's sad that she didn't make it to live that future. She was truly an amazing person, and I wish she was still here with us," he finished off. Then we sat back down.

Then her family went up to the podium to speak. "She was an amazing daughter... I loved her very much," her dad became too emotional to finish his sentence. Her mom was also crying a lot. After all, they lost their daughter unexpectedly. Her brother went over, "She was a good sister. We went through a lot together, and fought like normal siblings. I feel like I didn't appreciate her enough because I didn't think she'd die so young. I wish I could see her again, and it sucks that it won't happen."

He was the only one not crying, but his voice was cracking. "She was the best person to have around. She would always cheer me up and make me smile whenever she could. While everyone was doing their own thing, she would be there to comfort me," her aunt said. Then they sat down. Namjoon was the next one to walk up. "I remembered how she said she'll be fine. But here I am, a groom without his bride. I wish I could have seen her in that wedding dress. I wish she was here with me, because she was the only one that made me happy, and she always made time for me. I wish I could've spent more time with her," he said.

~After a while~

It looked like everyone went up to talk about Kim. After that, we needed to light incense to pray for her since it was her family's tradition.

I lit the incense and placed it into the cup full of uncooked rice. "I hope you're happier up there. Please look over us," I prayed.

As I was waiting for Yoongi, I noticed that it stopped raining. The sun started peeking through the clouds.

"If she was here, I think she'll tell us to-" "Cheer up! Stop being so gloomy. Look around, I'm right here," I imagined her voice, making me cry again. Yoongi patted my back to comfort me.

I started thanking everyone who came. Then I thanked everyone who participated in the 'game.'

Namjoon didn't move from his spot. He kept staring at her picture.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako