XXII

(WHAT IS STOCKHOLM SYNDROME AND WHY DO YOU ALL KEEP TALKING ABOUT IT)
(OKAY I JUST LOOKED IT UP HOLY SHIT I DIDNT MEAN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN I DIDNT EVEN KNOW STOCKHOLM SYNDROME WAS A THING I AM SO FUCKING SORRY)

why were you in your bed?

dream must have brought you back to your bed when you fell asleep with him outside. It felt like a reasonable hour to wake up, so thats what you did.

you skipped the last three steps of the stairs as you darted down them, alerting dream and george who were on the ground floor of your arrival. dream was holding a sword in the air, which you think was george's sword. they both said morning to you, but you had other things on your mind.

that cat you had seen last night. where was it? you wanted- no. you needed, to know. "where's the cat?" you finally spoke up after awkwardly listening to dream trying to get george to tell him "i love you," in exchange for his sword. george was not cooperating at all, and dream gave up as you spoke. "which one?" he responded as he handed george the blade. "theres more?!" you asked loudly.

a faint scream sounded from outside. "..sapnap. i'll go check." george sighed, leaving you and dream. "me and george both have one cat. sapnap has three fucking cats. three!" (yes i know sapnap also had a dog.) you started searching the room, looking under tables and blankets, etc. "you probably won't find any of them. you would not believe the amount of hiding spots they can find around here." you groaned, collapsing on a couch in defeat. they're all probably in the basement, if there is one. i don't like basements. "i mean, i can help you look for patches, but i doubt we'll find cat or any of sapnap's cats. none of them really like me." dream admitted, pulling you off the couch.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

after a good ten minutes or so of searching, dream had managed to lure out his cat, patches, with some treats. patches was a very pretty cat. he had told you that she was friendly, so you quickly got to showering her with pets. you started speaking in a baby voice to the feline as you stroked her head. you were sitting on the floor and leaning against the smaller couch. "you're so cute, aren't you? aww... your fur is so soft!" you spoke as patches purred at your touch. dream was watching from afar, not wanting to disturb either of you. he had moved his mask slightly to the side to reveal one green eye. it must get very hot wearing a mask and a hoodie all the time. you looked up to meet dream's gaze, who was watching you with adoration.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:
(i dont want to write out a bunch of fillers, so biggg time skip, sorry if you dont like big timeskips)
two week timeskip

not-so-quiet whispering awoke you from your slumber.

"no- tommy! careful!"
"shut up, dickhead. i don't climb walls everyday."
"i swear, if you fall and die, i'll kill you again in the afterlife."
"psh, you don't have the balls."
"quiet!"

the voices were so familiar. for a second you thought that you were dreaming that you were in l'manberg. were you imagining things?

you shot up, and was met with two figures climbing through the window. you let out a hushed yelp and covered your mouth. i need to get dream. i need to get dream. i need to-

"y/n!"
the figures approached you, waving their hands to try and get you to stay quiet. "no. i'm dreaming. you're dead. you're supposed to be dead." you whispered, you hand still covering your mouth. "dead? no, y/n, it's wilbur and tommy. the dirty crime boy? the child?"
"i am not a child. i am a very big man-"
"shut up. you're not real. dream killed you."
you pressed yourself against the wall behind you.