8 - P

(Jennie)

Lisa parked the car in front of a huge building. I kept quiet as she fished out her phone and wallet preparing to get out of her car. I'm honestly still confused. Is this where she lives?? This is Black Diamond Suites, the fanciest building in Midland area. I know that because we went here for one of my high fashion photo shoots. That shoot was featured in Vogue magazine a year ago. My 5-page fashion spread I was so proud of. I don't want to ask her again because she only gives me so little information about herself.

I'm in the middle of my thoughts when she spoke, "Heyyy, we're here. We can get off now, the valet will park my car. I'll get your stuff later. Just bring that bag", she said pointing to the bag on my lap.

"Oh okay", was all I was able to say. Shit. She lives here. How can she afford this place at 21?? This is too much. I don't know what to feel right now. I'm 70% confused and 30% scared. I can't stop thinking about her story. She's sensitive about that topic. I have a lot of theories since we talked this morning. She told me she has 5 condo units in different areas of the metro. She's 21. Like how can she own that many already? Is she a daughter of a very rich business tycoon? A gang leader? Syndicate leader? Maybe a royal blood? Is she a princess or something? But I don't see her name nor her face on any magazine, news etc.. She's not known. What if she's a psychopath? She's too good to be real. Right? She's like perfect! She has money, lots of them. But I don't know why she uses a simple car, a 2018 Subaru Forrester. That's an expensive nice car too, but if she lives here, she must have more expensive ones like a Maserati or Ferrari or McLaren, Lamborghini, the likes. Anyway, she's loaded. Check! She's really kind and caring and sweet and funny and adorable..the list can go on for days. We only just met this morning and I can already say these things about her. It's weird. Did I mention she's gorgeous?! I kept looking at her eyes earlier when we were talking on her balcony. They're brown and her eyelashes are so long and thick. And her lips.. Wait, what the fuck is wrong with me? Am I crushing on her? Already? I just broke up with my boyfriend for 5 years last night. It's weird that it almost never crossed my mind. Lisa occupied my mind the whole day. She's a freaking puzzle! There's something about her that I can't pinpoint yet, that makes me feel scared at the same time, there's like an invisible magnet that pulls me towards her. I can't really explain it. Right now, I am disregarding all the warnings, I just need a place to stay. I'm just glad to move out of Kai's house. Lisa seemed to be the safe and best choice.

I heard clearing of throat. When I looked up, I saw Lisa's face looking at me. She looks worried. "Are you alright Jen? I've been calling your name, you didn't seem to hear me. I know it's already been a long day for you, we can relax for now. We just need to go upstairs so you can settle in. Ok? You can talk to me if you want. Or if you need some time alone, that's also fine with me. I can leave for a few hours" she said sincerely. See, she's perfect.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm fine. I just..have a lot to think about. Too many things are happening lately and I can't keep up. I'm kinda lost. But I'll be fine. Just stay with me please. Don't leave", I requested. I don't need to tell her she's on my mind since we met.

She smiled. "Of course. I'll stay. And babysit my clingy gorgeous brat top model friend".

She earned another slap on her arm after saying that. I don't know why I always want to slap her playfully. She always fakes being hurt, I know it. I pouted and said, "I'm not a brat!"

"I said gorgeous too but all you heard was brat?? You're impossible" she teases shaking her head.

"And you're not babysitting me! I am an independent person. I take care of myself" I said proudly.

"Hmm.. Let's try to re-evaluate that "taking care of myself" part ok? Because you forgot to do that part last night remember?" she raised her eyebrow challenging me.