11 - Bothered

(Lisa)

I woke up earlier than my alarm. It's only 3am. I tried to sleep again but no luck at it. So I just went outside the bedroom and make myself a cup of coffee. I went to the balcony and smoke while drinking coffee. My mind kept replaying back on what happened before we slept. It was very awkward. I hope I didn't offend her or something. She just said 'Night Lili!' after I told her it's ok. I'll try my best not to be a train wreck around her when she wakes up. For now, I'll make some breakfast for her.

4am. Her phone alarm went off. I can hear it from here. I'm currently in the kitchen cleaning the stove top I used to cook our breakfast. 2 minutes later, I saw a sleepy looking Jennie Kim walking barefooted towards me in the kitchen.

"Morning!" I greeted cheerfully. Gotta hide my nervousness.

"Good morning.." she answered sleepily, then she tilted her head to the side saying, "Did you even sleep? Why were you up so early? I thought we both set the alarm at 4am?", she said plopping down on the island high chairs.

"I slept. But I woke up before my alarm went off, so I dismissed it and just prepared this", I said pointing at the plates of bacon, eggs, sausages and French toasts.

"Wow, you really want to ruin my career huh?" she smiled and grabbed the plate I was holding out to her.

"Don't worry, I'll pay for your liposuction soon!" I joked.

"No, you'll come with me to the gym and do suicide laps on the field!", she said threatening me with her fork.

I raised both hands in the air as if to surrender, "Ok ok! Chill! We'll work out.."

"Good! Because these are delicious! You know how to cook?" she asked stuffing food in her mouth.

"Jen, those are just fried food. You made it sound like a fancy gourmet dish. And yes, I can cook. Not just fried foods if you're gonna ask", I said.

"Nice. I can't cook to save my life. I even burn fried eggs", she said laughing.

I laughed too. Good thing what happened last night was already forgotten. Or not..

"About last night...", she said pausing to look at me, "Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable", she apologized.

"Don't worry. That's fine. I told you it's ok. I just needed to do something with it. Or else..", I trailed off.

"Or else?", she repeated. Asking me to finish my sentence.

"Uh. Nothing.", I covered.

"Or else you would have jump me in my bones?", she seriously asked.

"Uh..y-yeah.", I confessed.

"Hmm. Ok. ", was all she said and shrugged it off.

I'm confused.

I let it go because I don't think I can handle it if we talk about it more.

"Anyway, we leave in 30minutes. I'll change first while you're eating. Ok?" I said changing the subject.

"Copy! Thanks for the breakfast. Are you done eating?" she asked.

"Yes I already ate", I said.

Too bad. She whispered more to herself, but I'm not sure if I heard it right.

"What? Did you say something?" I asked to make sure.

"Nope", she said grinning.

I shrugged it off again and went straight to the bedroom to change clothes. After 10 minutes, I'm all done ready to go. Jennie went in the bedroom to change as well. I tried to get out to give her privacy but she called me.