16 - Soaked

(Lisa)

"Wow! That was..woah!", I said in disbelief after coming out of my daze.

"I believe 'woah' is not an adjective", Jen replied giggling.

"How can you be so cute after that ? Hot and adorable don't usually come right after the other..do they?", I told her while rubbing my thumb on her right cheek.

"I'm only like this with you. ", she said smiling.

"Really now? I don't believe it ", I teased.

"Well, I'm always cute. But not.. this hormonal. I guess it's just because it's hard to resist this..", she pecked me on my lips, "lips", another peck, "of yours " and another.

"I'm warning you Miss Kim, if I get used to this, there's no way out for you", I warned her in a playful way.

"Who said I want a way out? ", she said pulling away from me and winking at the same time.

I raised my eyebrow at her. But she didn't see it because she swam at other side of the pool.

She spoke again, "Now, you can remove those baggy clothes. Sweatpants and hoodies aren't made for swimming you know?".

I smirked. I know why she wants me to strip out of my clothes. "Nope. You aren't getting it. Not gonna happen. This is what I'm wearing in this pool", I said grinning.

She splashed me with water but it didn't reach me. "What? That's unfair! I'm gonna drag you out of the pool and strip that off of you..", she warned.

"You can't, I'm stronger than you. You can try though.", I still teased.

She groaned frustrated, "So there's no way you're getting out of that?", she said pointing at my wet clothes that are hugging my entire body.

"Nope! ", I said proudly tilting my chin up for emphasis.

Then the most untimely thing happened. My phone rang. Damn it.

She smiled. That evil smile tells it all.

"Not gonna answer that?", she smirked.

"No.", I said still standing my ground. The phone kept ringing.

"It might be important", she teased.

"No one will dare to call me if it's not life or death situation", I told her still not moving. The phone stopped ringing. Yesss!!!

Her smile faltered a bit but her evil grin went back when the damn phone rang again.

I groaned frustrated and stepped out of the pool with my heavy, soaked clothes. I said more to myself. "Remind me to kill whoever is on the other line". Jen laughed hard.

I got uncomfortable with my body-hugging wet clothes. It felt disgusting. I can't stand them so I gave in and stripped out of both the hoodie and sweatpants.

I dried my hands using the towel perched on the bench near the outdoor couch. Then I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Good evening Miss Manobal? "

"Who's this?"

"This is David from marketing department."

"What do you need?"

"Uh..boss we have a problem about the panel proposal.."

I cut him off, "Have you called your immediate supervisor before calling me?"