89 - Cocktails

(Yeji)

At the penthouse.

"Ugh I'm so tired..." Jisoo complained plopping down the couch.

"Chu, you were in the comfort of your home the whole day. We were the ones who actually moved more muscles. Why do you look exhausted?" Jen asked her.

"To be honest, I'd prefer fighting a hundred men in combat than do surveillance the whole day. It's mentally draining. Good thing I have Tzuyu to help me these days. She's a lot of help" Jisoo explained.

"Maybe we can recruit more people soon if needed..Or better yet, maybe we won't need anymore surveillance works when this is all done" Chaeyoung said dreamily.

"That sounds really good Chae. We should really make this work" Jen sighed.

"That's the goal people, to be free from all this..bullshit. Are we still in the loop of what's going to happen tomorrow? Their plan will be on the last day, right Yeji?" Lisa asked me.

"Yes, after the combat matches. That's when they'll move in with their plan" I told them.

"So before they can proceed with theirs, we need to push our plan to get that laptop tomorrow. Jisoo is everything ready?" Lisa asked.

"Yes Lis, I already extended the perimeter of our scope. Everything will be monitored by Tzuyu tomorrow. She'll be our eyes and ears. She's ready for it" Jisoo confirmed.

"Tzuyu..are you 100% sure about this? You can do it alone?" Lisa asked her.

Tzuyu didn't answer right away because she was looking down at her laptop. I don't know what she's doing, she's always busy.

"Tzuyu?" Seulgi called her attention again.

"Oh, sorry..What?" Tzuyu asked with a lost look.

"Chou Tzuyu, you're at it again. Be in this meeting first before you go in your own world. Come on, sit here. Is there something wrong with anything in the monitors?" Seulgi spoke to her.

She just shook her head.

"Then come here, this won't take long, go back to it when we're done. This is important" Seulgi scolded.

"Sorry" Tzuyu apologized again. She sat beside me and I held her hand in mine. She smiled. Why is that smile sad?

"So, I was asking if you're 100% ready to take the biggest responsibility tomorrow? You'll be our eyes and ears. Jisoo won't be able to help you because she's also one of our best asset when it comes to combat and tactics. We need her, physically. But she can always assist you when you encounter problems. We have communication devices" Lisa asked Tzuyu again.

"Yes Lisa. I'm ready" she simply answered.

"Tzuyu, is there something wrong dear? You look bothered" Jen asked the girl beside me.

I put my arm around her shoulder to comfort her. That's the question I want to ask too.

"I screw up today. I'm sorry guys for almost ruining the cover. Specially putting Yeji in that position. It's my fault I'm sorry" Tzuyu finally said. She's so vulnerable right now and is she crying? We can't see her face because she hasn't looked up again yet.

"About that.." Lisa started but I have something to say.

"I'm sorry to interrupt Lisa. I also want to say sorry for my actions today. It wasn't Tzuyu's fault. I'm the one who wasn't able to handle it responsibly. I put our plan in jeopardy. I risked everyone's life. I'm so sorry" I told them.