18 - Lasts

(Jennie)

The morning after.

We missed breakfast because we woke up late. We had to go back to Lisa's Midland condo unit as soon as we woke up. Lisa suddenly had an urgent work related meeting to attend to today. She decided to go back early to avoid city traffic. She is very professional when it comes to work. She felt really bad about cutting our weekend getaway short. I told her it's okay and we can always just do another one next time. She half-heartedly drove back to the city. We bought drive-thru food for breakfast and I had to feed her while she's driving. She's really cute that I can't stop staring at her side profile. I smile to myself thinking about our happy memories so far. Then my mind occasionally drifted back to reality. The sad and complicated situation we are in. I can't help but feel terrified about it though. I want to be in her life but something still tells me that I shouldn't. For now, I just want to see how things will go and I will base my decisions on the present. I don't want to think about the past nor the future. I sighed upon thinking that but I can't do anything for now. All I know is I really really like to be with Lisa.

It's still too early when we reach home so we decided to nap a little more because we're still both tired from last night.

After 2 hours. We were still entangled in each other's arms. Actually, I was awake for an hour now. Lisa just woke up.

"Morning..", she said sleep still evident on her face and voice. She pecked my lips absentmindedly. I smiled at her gesture and giggled when her eyes went wide not long after.

"Ohmygod! I'm sorry? Is that ok? I mean..it feels normal..and..and..", she rambled and I kissed her again.

She smiled getting the answer in a kiss.

"I told you that you don't have to ask me anymore", I said with a tight lipped smile. Then my mind drifted back to my dreams last night. I was thinking about that bad dream for an hour. It woke me up. I was sweating when I did.

"Are you alright though? Did you sleep well?", she asked upon noticing my facial expression.

"I'm good. I just had a bad dream, that's all. I was thinking about it. And why the hell will I dream of that", I said.

"Do you want to tell me about it?", she asked concerned.

"Yeah. Well.. Maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me. It's just weird..."

Dreams.

After our holiday break, we went back to our normal lives. Work life. I went back to my shoots and Lisa mostly stayed at home and do her work there. She has an office in her penthouse. I still live in her penthouse, so we see each other every day. But sometimes I'm too tired to chat with her after work. I come home from shoots around 1am and she always tries to stay up and wait for me. But there were times she just can't stay up that late. She works too, a lot. She almost spend whole day in her office.

Weekends came, Lisa surprised me and fetched me at my location. We just wrapped up a commercial shoot in the busy streets of Burgley Avenue. She parked her car on the opposite side of the road. She walked towards me.

"Good evening miss Jen? I am your Uber driver for tonight", she said playfully.

When she reached where I was standing, I wasn't able to resist pecking her lips there and then. She was shocked at that.

"Sorryy..", I muttered in a low voice realizing what I've done. I saw a few people turning heads and looking at us. Probably shocked too. Because I haven't come out yet. Or maybe because they didn't know about Kai and I's break up. Oooops..