48 - Birkin

(Lisa)

After the long flight From Heathrow Airport, I arrived at a domestic landing strip. I was picked up by James, Jen's driver who is of course my employee.

"Good morning Miss Lisa, had a good flight?" James asked.

"Good morning James! Yes, thank you. How's everything here?" I asked.

"Safe. We're doing the best we can. Miss Jennie rarely leaves the house anyway, just yesterday. Chaeyoung is there with her so we're all confident she'll protect Jennie and her family all the time" he said courtly.

"Good. I know I can count on you guys. Keep it up" I said.

"Are we heading straight to the Kims?" he asked.

"Not yet. I have to call first before I go there. Please go to the coffee shop first. I need to do assessment anyway" I instructed.

I dialed Jen's number. She answered on the first ring.

Jen: Heyyy baby!

Me: Wow, is your phone glued to your hand? That's fast. How are you babe?

Jen: Hahaha Not really, I'm currently on IG updating my fans, you know I kinda have that responsibility. So I answered your call right away.

Me: And here I thought you're just too excited to see me today you have to have your phone with you at all times.

Jen: What are you talking about? I am excited to see you! We all are! Where are you anyway? My mom's been stressing me out asking every 5 minutes if you're already in town.

Me: Seriously? Ohmygod now I'm nervous! I hope I won't disappoint them. They might be expecting someone I am not.

Jen: Baby, shut up. You're perfect! Don't think otherwise okay? They'll love you.

Me: I hope so. I'm just a few minutes away but I need to drop by the coffee shop first. I want to see how they've been doing. And to give you a few more minutes to like set up the mood there. You know..

Jen: Baby there's nothing to set up here. We're all ready to see you. My mom and dad made sure the house is at its finest. Like spotless. Brent is in his room jamming out like always. And me, well my lazy ass is surfing online.

Me: Oh, so you're all good there? I can go directly to your house if you want?

Jen: Of course baby! Come here now! I'll go with you at the coffee shop later. We might need a lone time anyway.

Me: Alright, hold on a sec.

"James, change of plan, let's go directly to the Kims" I instructed the driver.

"Copy Miss Lisa", he said.

Me: There you are. I'll be in your driveway in a few minutes.

Jen: Yay! You're the best! See yah in a few! Mwaaah

Me: Haha I like your energy. See you!

I hang up the phone and shook my head in amusement.

After just 10 minutes, James parked the car outside a decent sized 2 storey house. He told me that we reached our destination. I sighed and took a deep breathe. This is it!

Just before I open the door of the car, I already saw Jen smiling from ear to ear when she saw the familiar black car. I smiled just as wide and climbed out of the vehicle.

"Babyyyyy!! You're here!!!" she squealed like a kid and jumped at me in a greeting. Good thing I have perfect reflexes and I caught her.

"Calm down missy! There might be papz anywhere near. You're a celebrity remember?" I said smiling at her enthusiasm. I gave her a peck on her cheek and she pouted.