21 - OMG

(Lisa)

After the hot make out session, which ended up on the couch in the living room, we tried to catch our breath and wait for us both to breathe.

"Now, can you tell me why the hell I'm here right now in the middle of the night?", Jen suddenly said raising her perfectly sculptured brow while fixing her clothes that I must have groped while we were on it.

I swallowed hard knowing she can flip out anytime. I started, "Just so you know, I missed you and I swear I don't want for this to happen but it happened and I will do everything in my power for you.."

She cut me off right away, "Wait..one at a time babe. You're scaring me, the way you started it. Please explain where this all started first..then tell me I'm in danger because it sounds the least traumatic that way".

I scrunched my nose trying to decipher what she said, "Baby, don't make it sound like that. Okay I will start from where the root is. Remind me to stay on topic because I easily get distracted with...that", I said pointing to her lips which she sometimes bite out of nervousness.

She stopped the biting almost instantly then moved closer to sit beside me, instead of her facing me. She leaned her head on my shoulder so that I won't see her face and won't get distracted. She held my hand and played with my fingers. I know she's nervous and I am too but we have to get this over with.

I spoke again, "Jen, before anything else, I want you to know that I will always be here for you okay? You have me, I got you on this. Just bare with me. This can be lengthy."

She nodded without saying anything and kissed my cheek and went back on leaning on my shoulder and playing with my hand. That's my cue to start again.

I told her everything she needs to know. From the security camera shot taken when we had lunch in the restaurant where the guy was first seen until a few hours ago that I had to find her.

I looked at her expectantly after my explanation. She didn't say a word right away. She stopped playing with my hand but she's still holding it. I even thought she fell asleep because she wasn't moving. But before I can check if she's awake, she moved and sat up straight making me twist my body to her direction so that we're facing each other again.

She's still staring down and playing with her hand this time, a sign of nervousness. This might not be good.

"Jen..", I said lowly to test the waters.

"I don't know what to say honestly Lisa", she said still looking down.

"Uhm.. You can slap me if you want? " I said preparing myself if she ever acts on it, so I closed my eyes waiting for the blow but it didn't come.

I opened my eyes to find a pair of brown eyes staring directly at me with an expression that I can't quite recognize.

She grabbed my face and pecked my lips, which baffled me that I wasn't able to kiss back because of the lightness and swiftness of it.

"You warned me about this Lisa. It wasn't your fault. It wasn't our fault. We met by chance and I will want to meet you again, if given a chance to choose to turn back time. The only thing I'll change that night was to at least stay sober enough to remember our first kiss", she said truthfully while chuckling at the last piece of information she said.

I almost teared up hearing what she said. "Me too Jen.. Even if my head and my heart says two different things at the same time. I still gravitate towards you. Even if I know I'm putting you in this position you're in right now..I'm sorry Jen..I-I'm s-sorry", I didn't fight the sob coming when the situation finally sunk in. Jen is now also a target because she was seen with me. I often go alone because of this possibility but I carelessly went out in public with her not thinking that someone might be watching and someone did see us.