33 - Vogue

(Lisa)

Inside my yacht, we settled in right away and sailed out into the ocean. The weather is just perfect for us to sail, thank goodness! We had of course convoy boats and smaller yachts around us that hold my security teams. They still secure the perimeter even on land, air and water. I asked only 1 team to be with us in the same yacht plus Chae of course, and my right hand woman. Chae is off duty as Jen's PA for now. She's a regular security personnel for the next 2 days we will be in this yacht.

I planned to sail until we reached my secret beach house in a lone island. I actually bought that whole island from the government. It wasn't easy to acquire that one. But I'm glad I did it. It's a bit new. I bought it last year when the offer to buy it was finally approved. I offered quite a lot to have it under my name. It's my third surprise for Jen tomorrow. What's the second? Well, I planned it during my free time for a week. I just hope everything will go smoothly.

Jen looked out at the small glass window of our suite.

She looked at me with something different in her eyes. I haven't seen that look before. But it made my heart skip a beat. I don't know why. There's something in her eyes at that moment. It's as if she wants to say something but she settled on just smiling when she noticed me staring at her.

"Are you okay?" I asked when she closed the distance and hugged me not saying anything.

"Yeah. Just..thinking ", she answered.

"About?", I said.

"About life. What brought me where I am today. About you. What it would feel like when you're not living the life you have right now. You know, with all these threats to your life and all the money. Maybe life will be easier for you. I want you to be happy Lisa", she said with all sincerity.

I sighed and kissed her temple, "I think about that too lately. Life might be a lot easier if I am not who I am. I think about the what if's too. But since we can't change the kind of life I was given, maybe we can somehow change where my life should lead to. I want to be truly happy too Jen. I only realized that when I met you, that I have to give something to myself too. Happiness, that's what lacks in my life"

"We'll figure out something baby. I'm here to help you all the way, I promise", she said.

"Thank you, for coming to my life. I may have physically saved you from harm that night, but you are saving my soul from being cold. You're saving me too", I told her.

She didn't say anything, she hugged me instead. We hugged for the longest time not saying a word. We have this connection that allows us to feel and think what the other is feeling without using words.

When dinner time came, I left Jen inside the room to talk to my yacht crew. I excused myself from Jen and told her I'll get dinner ready. She was more than willing to let me leave like she suddenly wanted me out of her sight. She's weird. I wonder if she has PMS right now. I just chuckled at how weird she is sometimes.

"Is everything taken care of?" I asked once all 5 crew members are present.

"Yes Miss Manoban. Everything will be served according to your request and the team on the other yacht is ready too. They will just wait for your signal", one of them answered.

"Good. Make sure you do your parts. I want everything to be perfect tonight. We'll go to the deck in 5 minutes." I instructed them.

"Yes Miss. The deck was already set up", said one crew.

I went back inside the room. I suddenly felt nervous. I haven't done this before. My plan for tonight will finally be put into action. This is it!

"Babe? Dinner is ready. Let's go?" I asked once I entered the room.