26 - Kissyface 😙

(Jennie)

Today is the day I visit my family across the country. It's 14 hours by car and about 1 hour by plane. Since I'm using Lisa's private jet, maybe it'll take less than an hour. I'm still not used to this luxury life. It is beyond every girl's dreams. I am now seated comfortably inside the enormous jet. We've been in the air for like 30 minutes now.

Lisa made sure to be in touch with me for the 2 days that I'll be gone. Chae came with me but she will just shadow me along with a few others. There will be a lot of them around the area anyway. Lisa deployed 4 teams covering my family. My mom, dad and younger brother.

A couple of more minutes later, the pilot announced our landing on an airstrip for private and domestic flights. That's fast. I am very excited to see my family. I haven't been home for the last 2 months because I was really busy. The last time I was home was the holiday season.

When we landed safely on a private airstrip, a black Ford Expedition stopped by near the strip. Chae led me to the vehicle which she said was Lisa's. Her cars are all black so far. But this one is not too fancy compared to her previous ones. She doesn't want to draw attention I guess. But it still looks brand new to me. It's clearly a custom car when you see the interior. Chae told me all of Lisa's vehicles are custom made and bulletproofed. I don't even wanna know how many she has in total. It's hard to wrap my mind around it.

The driver who drove me to my house was the same driver I have back in Midland, James. At least one of the two drivers I have back in Midland. Good to see familiar faces with me. They briefed me about what I will say if someone asked who they are. Chae is obviously my PA and James is just an Uber driver. Which made me think if they're going to use different cars if I decided to leave the house more often than planned. But setting my childish thoughts aside, I will stay at home most of my visit because I really want to spend time with my family.

I phoned my mom earlier that I'm visiting for 2 days. That's why when I arrived, I already smelled the freshly baked apple pecan pie and stuffed chicken that my mom's cooking. There's no better feeling than coming home to my favorite dishes. I dropped my backpack on the couch and looked for my mom even though I know she's in the kitchen.

"Mooom?" my voice bounced off the walls of our house.

Then my mom appeared from the kitchen. She stood by the doorway smiling, "Oh my baby! You're home!"

I smiled at my mom and gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek once I reached her. "Yeah. But only for 2 days. Sorry mom I'm kinda busy. You know how work goes". I said feeling guilty that I don't come home as often as I want.

"It's okay sweetie. We understand the nature of work you have. You seem to really enjoy it", my mom said in kind.

"Where's dad and Brent?" I asked looking for the two men in my life.

"They're at the back, Dad teaching your brother about cars. You know, men stuff. They're probably all greasy by now. Go check them out", my mom told me. I kissed her cheek and went straight to the backyard garage.

I saw dad underneath my brother's Cadillac. He told my brother to pop the hood for him. Then he asked for a torque wrench. My brother was struggling to find the right tool. He contemplated which one to pick up. He almost picked up the breaker bar, good thing he changed his mind the last minute. He grabbed the torque wrench and put it on my dad's waiting hand. I watched them at the doorway leaning at the door frame. They're too busy they haven't seen me yet. I let it be that way for a few minutes. I like seeing these two bond with each other. Although I know my brother doesn't have any interest in fixing cars. He's more into video games and all the tech stuff. He just doesn't want to tell it directly to dad's face because he thought he will be hurt if he doesn't share our dad's interest in automotive.