13 - Macchiato

(Jennie)

We ate lunch a little early with Miranda and Michelle. They are nice people. They are very fond of Lisa. I fulfilled my promise to Michelle about the pictures. We took like a hundred until Lisa and Mira dragged Michelle away from me, forcefully. I laughed at how close they are. Thank God Miranda has been there for her since the beginning. Most specially when her parents died. I still can't wrap my head around it. Her words bored deep into my head, They're gone. It's just me . There was so much pain in her voice when she said that. My heart felt like it was stabbed multiple times when I was holding her while she was sobbing. She was so broken. I had this sudden urge to protect her and put a smile on her face. I don't know what I'm getting myself into, but I'm willing to risk anything.

I heard a knock on the door. I giggled and told Lisa to come in.

"Heyyy...", she said smiling.

"Do you really have to knock? This is actually your room, and I'm the guest." I reminded her.

"I know, I just wanted to make sure you're not naked when I come in", she confessed.

"Naked at this time of the day? Naked is for tonight dear. Set an alarm", I joked.

Of course she blushed. She bravely answered back, "You definitely have game Jen. I give you that. I'm trying to keep up here".

I laughed, "So what's up? You looking for me?"

"Yeah. Are you ready? ", she asked.

"Ready for what?", I asked confused.

"That friendly date thingy, let's start it. Like right now", she said.

"Seriously? Right now? What do I have to wear? I don't even know where we're going..", I started to panic a bit because you know a girl needs her sweet time to get ready for a date even if it's just a friendly one.

"Relax Nini! Just wear something casual. You don't need to wear fancy clothes. And also wear a jacket or whatever, it gets chilly up there sometimes. I'm all good, this is what I'm wearing. Go on, I'll just wait for you in the living room", she told me before leaving the room.

What? Do I need to do a full make up? She said casual. She's only wearing jogger pants, T-shirt and a pair of Converse. Maybe I'll wear the likes. Where the hell does she plan to go, and what are we going to do, she won't tell a thing.

I decided on wearing cropped mid length cargo pants and a cute shirt paired with white Vans. Shit, I didn't bring a jacket when I packed my things. Maybe these will do. I just put my everyday make up, very light. My hair up in high ponytail. Ok, I'm ready!

I found Lisa talking to Mira on the counter of the huge kitchen.

She smiled widely, "Wow, even your most casual clothes look high fashioned when you wear them".

"I have to look decent. I did my best. Is this ok?", I asked striking a pose.

"Always the top model with those poses. All we need now is a runway and you can endorse Vans and all your followers will buy the exact shoes you're wearing. So, to answer your question, it's perfect", she answered.

Mira and I looked at each other and smiled. Her smile radiates the whole room. There's something in her eyes that tells me that she's sincerely happy.

As if reading my mind, she beat me to speaking first.

"Oh my. Isn't that the sweetest! I'm really happy Lalisa. For you and for Jennie. I've never seen you smiling like that ever since..you know", she trailed off. I don't know, what is it? Ever since what?