84 - YeTzu

(Jennie)

"Did you have fun at least?" I asked a panting Yeji getting out of the water.

"Yeah. I am having fun I admit. Thank you Jennie" she said smiling.

"I'm glad. Now you will surely dream of me in this, all wet and flapping around the pool" I said teasing her making sexy poses.

She laughed so hard "That doesn't sound bad at all"

"Wow, you're slowly coming out of your shell Hwang! But don't tell my girlfriend that you're having wet dreams about me" I continued to tease her.

"I'd honestly prefer that over my dreams last night.." she said suddenly in a calmer tone.

I remembered her sounding shaky earlier when I accidentally woke her up.

"That bad?" I simply asked hoping she'll open up to me.

I offered her the towel and a robe to keep her warm. She accepted it and smiled.

"Yeah. It's not really a dream. It was a flashback" she told me, squeezing the excess water on her hair.

"Yeah? Family?" I tried to pry a little bit info from her.

She wore the robe and hugged herself looking a little cold.

"Do you want coffee or tea? There's a vendo here. It's a little chilly today" I offered.

"No thanks. I'm fine" she sat beside me looking at the open sky.

"In that case, I'll keep you warm" I moved towards her and put my arms around her for warmth. "Is this okay?"

She sighed and nodded. "It was a flashback of my childhood..There was this friend.."

She told me everything about the flashback dream she had. I was shocked to hear Jisoo's name. I'm pretty sure it's our Jisoo. And she confirmed it too. I need to tell Jisoo about the side of Yeji's story before they kill each other later tonight. Maybe Chu can defend herself. I'm sure there's a reason for what she did.

"Wow.. that's.. that was a lot to go through at the age of 8. Yeji.." I carefully said grabbing her attention.

She turned her head and looked at me. She now has tears streaming down her face from the trip down memory lane. I told her sincerely, "I admire your strength and courage. You're a very strong person, do you know that? That was heartbreaking, but you overcome it. You're still here Yeji. You kept moving forward. And that's what we're still going to do. You have us now. We're family"

She hugged me and whispered her thank yous.

After we calmed down from the tears, I found the right moment to ask her something. "Yeji.. don't you think Jisoo has her reasons for doing that? Can you find it in your heart to forgive her?"

She chuckled, bittersweet, "I don't know, but whatever reason she had, she still killed my best friend. I won't ever know her side of the story unfortunately. How do you forgive those types of things? I don't really know Jennie. It's hard"

"That's okay. Just please keep in mind that no matter what happened in the past, I'm sure the people who did harm to you have their own reasons and backstories. You just have to decide which ones are worth your forgiveness. But isn't it better to feel lighter without burdens..like holding grudges feels heavy in here" I said pointing to my heart and head, "and in here too. You know we can always choose to just forgive because it's the right thing to do. It will be their burden if they still keep doing the things they've been forgiven for..You know what I mean.."