36 - Nailed

(Jennie)

A week after the island vacay with my girlfriend. Supermodels Global awards night. D-day.

An hour before show time, I'm nervous as hell! Why am I nervous! I know. Tonight is the biggest night of my life! I'm going to receive an award and have a speech. I practiced my speech more than 100 times already but I feel like my mind will be blank later once I get up the stage. My dress suddenly felt skin tight. I fitted this like 5 times to check if it needed adjustments but my body seemed to mold at it perfectly every time. But not tonight! Maybe it's my nerves. Urgh!

"Miss Kim, your ride is waiting outside. Do you need more time?" one of my stylists told me.

"Thank you. I'll be there in a minute" I told her and she nodded.

I put myself together in front of the mirror. This pep talk with myself doesn't work anymore. I need to talk to Lisa. I will call her when I'm in the car.

Inside the car on my way to Midland Diamond Theater.

"Hey gorgeous! What's up? Ready for your big night?" Lisa said answering the call.

"Baby I'm nervous! Wish you're here with me to hold my hand", I said almost pouting.

"Sorry babe. As much as I like to do that. We just can't", now I know she's the one pouting on the other line.

"I know. It's okay. I just wanted to hear your voice. You make me feel calm", I said now smiling.

"You don't have to be nervous anyway. You treat this awards night like any of your runway shows. You just have to say something after doing the catwalk from your seat to the stage", she said a bit giggling.

"I hope it's that easy. I hope I don't trip and fall on my face on the way to get my award", I told her.

"You know what, forget what I said. Just enjoy the show. You deserve every single second of you being there. Imagine how many people will hear what you have to say and will be inspired. You have the platform to have a voice, take advantage of it. Be your confident self and be proud. Because we are all proud of you. Your family and friends will watch for sure", she said giving me a pep talk.

I sighed, "I know. I want to make them proud. Yeah, you're right. I have to enjoy the night. I won't let my nerves take over. Thanks baby. You have to tune in okay? I'm about to walk the red carpet anytime soon. We're 10 minutes away. The live broadcast of the red carpet is on CBS " I told her now with excitement.

"That's my girl! Of course babe. I will not miss you on the red carpet. I'm already tuned in. Naomi Campbell and Doutzen Kroes just walked and got interviewed. I'll wait for your turn", she said over the phone.

"Alright, I need to go now. Gotta make sure everything is red carpet ready. It might take some time for you to see me though. Even if I arrive at the venue, they will still organize the sequence of the people there. But thanks for tuning in baby! I love you!" I told her and waited for her answer then ended the call.

My driver James stopped the car on the drop off part near the entrance where the red carpet is. Chae helped me get out of the car without tripping. She'll be at the awards show too as my PA of course. She's my plus one. I didn't ask for a date tonight, I will walk the red carpet alone but Chae will sit by my side once inside.

Once I was finally outside the car with steady footing and game face on, there went the flashes of light. Flicking cameras everywhere. Both from fans and media.

"Jennie!! Jennie!! Over here!" some paparazzi said. I looked at their side and smiled. They clicked like maniacs. I always think the shutter of their cameras are always on steroids. Their multiple shutter is always on.