6 - Straight

(Lisa)

"Done. I look good in your clothes.", Jennie said right after walking out of my room.

I tilted my head to the side, "Actually, my clothes look good on you. They never looked that good on me. And I never looked that good too when I wear them. It's you, not the clothes. ". Did I just say that? Me and my big mouth. I always tend to unintentionally embarrass myself.

"Wow.. That's the nicest compliment I've ever heard directed to me. I don't have a comeback for that. You have a way with words Miss Manoban. Thanks!" she said shaking her head in amusement.

"My mind and mouth don't usually coordinate. My mouth says things my mind is thinking without permission", I paused realizing I am doing it again, "Just like this. Ok I'm gonna stop talking now".

"You know, if there's a disease that we can catch for being too adorable, you'll be the first to get it. You're insanely adorable!" she bantered.

I stayed silent not knowing what to say. She continued, "See. Speechless but blushing. Cute. Anyway, I'm really hungry, can we eat please?"

"Of course. Let's go downstairs, there's a buffet restaurant there", I said seriously.

She paused from moving around and turned her head towards me, "Seriously, are you some kind of secret agent who was hired to ruin my career? You do know that I work as a model for a living? Buffet huh?," she nagged at me.

I was about to apologize but she laughed at me and said, "I'm playing around, you are about to say sorry again aren't you? Oh my dear! I love buffets! That's great! Let's go!"

I exhaled and laughed with her. I love and hate her sense of humor at the same time. She's a fun person but my heart keeps skipping beats when she teases me.

Before we went outside, I grabbed two pairs of sneakers for both of us. I figured we have the same size of shoes too. "Hey, you're not gonna go downstairs with that fluffy indoor slippers right?", I gestured to what she's wearing while handing her the white Adidas.

"Oh my God! I almost did! I forgot about that. Thanks! This is a cute outfit. Very comfy and casual. Can I get a picture of this and post it for later? It's just too cute." she said while gesturing to her full outfit, everything from head to toe, mine. Just not the one wearing them. That will be quite impossible to happen. What am I thinking? Get a hold of yourself Lisa!

"Sure thing. Do you want me to take your picture? The lighting at the balcony is quite good", I suggested.

"Really? Thanks! Here!" she handed me her phone, and figured out it was battery empty. She pouted, "Damn, batt's out".

"We'll use mine. I'll just send it to you later. Come on, let's get those shots", I encouraged.

She made a few poses, all very good ones, even the wacky ones. Her distorted awkward face is really funny. I am so used to seeing that on her IG page. She's not afraid to make herself look like a fool in front of the camera. She still posts those kinds of pictures. She still looks good in her weird poses anyway.

We went to lunch at Viking's. They offer wide variety of food from around the world. American, French, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Mediterranean, Indian, Filipino etc..All of them at the same place.

After eating the last bites of our cakes, Jen complained, "I swear I'm gonna need at least 3 days at the gym to burn all of that. I'm so full!"

"Me too. I can't take anymore bite. I'm gonna throw up", I agreed.

"What?! You ate like 3 plates of food and I finished 7! You're already full after 3 plates??" she pointed out.

"Well, I easily get full..but I'll be hungry again after 2 hours. But in this case, I might last 12 hours without food", I said honestly.