77 - YeNi

(Yeji)

"You guys.." were the only words that came out of my mouth when they started laughing. It was embarrassing.

I still can't keep up with how they treat each other and how they act as a group. This is technically only the second time I spend a working day with them. But honestly, it doesn't feel like work at all. It feels like I'm just hanging out with friends. It feels foreign to me. I haven't had friends like them. I have people around me who also likes to banter sometimes when we're bored, but were not all considered friends. I am their team leader and they are my members. That's just about it. I go to work 4-6 days a week depending on the situation. I do field checks, perimeter checks, training, attend endless meetings and sometimes I assists in training new people from recruitment. I don't have time for socializing. The only time I get to socialize is when we have a weekend night out as a team. We always go to bars or just drink at someone's place until we get bored. Nothing special. I don't feel attached to anyone of them. It just feels like we have to get used to each other because it's part of the job. No real connection. We were forced to get along with each other because we need that for teamwork during missions. It's working for us so far.

But this.. the moment I joined their little circle, I felt different. Not really uncomfortable but close to that. There's something weird about them. I can't figure out yet if they're acting real or natural around me. Maybe they're pretending to be like these people, or maybe this is just how they truly are.

"Heyyy Hwang Yeji..You're zoning out. Come back to earth" the woman beside me caught my attention back to the current situation. I remembered where I am and what just happened. I blushed again. Fuck these series of flushing skins. I can't control them! They keep coming out of me and I've never blushed this much my entire life. I didn't even know I easily blush around people. Until I met them.

I can't trust my voice yet so I just looked down still embarrassed.

"OhmyGod you guys! Stop laughing now! Will yah? This poor woman might pop all her red blood vessels. It's not comfy to blush too much you know. Stop making her feel uncomfortable. Quit it!" the kitten scolded the other two.

I looked up at her to thank her. It's a mistake! She's already looking at me, like she's searching for something. I widened my eyes when I our eyes met and she noticed that. It really didn't help me when she decided to sit beside me instead of her girlfriend.

"You okay? I'm sorry about us. Maybe the sugar is already kicking in" she said looking away. Oh thank God she looked away!

"I'm fine. Getting used to this.. still" I said addressing my state.

"We'll tone it down. Jen's right maybe it's the effect of too much sugar. We're more subtle than this normally" Chaeyoung said.

I laughed softly trying to really enjoy their company.

My phone suddenly rang. I fished it out of my pocket and saw that it's captain.

"Sorry, I have to get this. Excuse me" I said standing up to get to a more private space, which is outside the little shop.

Jennie made way for me to pass through but her kind of way might only fit a kid. That's how narrow it is. I had no choice but to squeeze myself out of the table booth. I kinda felt her front brushed on mine when I passed. Oh God, I need to rush out of here now. I can feel a beet red blush coming next and it might reach my neck and ears because I feel so awkward now.

I turned my back to where they are inside but where they can still see me. I can also partially see them through the glass window.

"Captain" I said the moment I pressed the answer button.