Chapter 18

The rest of the school year flies by for me and the next thing I know is that I'm sitting my end of year exams. However, the exams go by quickly within the two weeks and for the last week of school, we can do whatever we want.

Fred, George, Lee and I are all sat under the tree by the black lake. Fred and George had managed to get some food from the kitchens some way but I'm refusing to eat any of it but I'm reading a book with my head leaning against Fred's shoulder. "Why are you reading? Our exams are over and we don't need to learn anything," Fred complains to me and I roll my eyes. "Well, just because you lot don't like reading doesn't mean that I don't," I scoff at the three of them, peering over the top of my book. However, what catches my eye isn't the food but it's Ron, Hermione and Harry marching down the lawn towards Hagrid's hut. I quickly shut my book to look at the boys. "I'll be back in a minute," I tell them, getting up from the grass before running over to the trio as fast as I can. "... and a stranger turns up who just happens to have an egg in his pocket? How many people wander around with dragon eggs if it's against wizard law?" Harry asks.

"Well, I can think of quite a few people actually," I tell them and they all gasp, turning around to face me. "Now, what are you three doing marching down to Hagrid's with a look of determination on your face?" I ask them.

"We can't tell you. Anyways..." Harry begins again as they begin to walk down the grass again, down to Hagrid's again. "... lucky they found Hagrid, don't you think? Why didn't I see it before?" he asks.

"Why are you talking about?" Ron asks but Harry sprints across the grounds towards the forest and doesn't answer but we all run after him.

Hagrid is sitting in an armchair outside of his house; his trousers and sleeves are rolled up and he is shelling peas into a large bowl. "Hullo," he says, smiling. "Finished yer exams? Got time fer a drink?" he asks.

"Yes, please," Ron says, wanting something to drink but Harry cuts him off.

"No, we're in a hurry. Hagrid, I've got to ask you something. You know that night you won Norbert? What did the stranger you were playing cards with look like?" Harry asks, persistently.

"Dunno," Hagrid shrugs. "He wouldn' take his cloak off."

The Harry, Ron and Hermione look at him stunned but I look at him confused. "It's not that unusual, yeh get a lot o' funny folk in the Hog's Head – that's one o' the pubs down in the village. Mighta bin a dragon dealer, mightn' he? I never saw his face, he kept his hood up."

Harry sinks down next to the bowl of peas. "What did you talk to him about, Hagrid? Did you mention Hogwarts at all?"

"Mighta come up," Hagrid says, frowning as he tries to remember. "Yeah... he asked what I did, an' I told him I was gamekeeper here... He asked a bit about the sorta creatures I look after... so I told him... an' I said what I'd always really wanted a dragon... an' then... I can' remember too well, 'cause he kept buyin' me drinks... Let's see... yeah, then he said he had the dragon egg an' we could play cards fer it if I wanted... but he had ter be sure I could handle it, he didn' want it ter go ter any old home... So I told him, after Fluffy, a dragon would be easy..."

"And did he – did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Harry asks, trying to keep his voice calm.

"Well – yeah – how many three-headed dogs d'yeh meet, even around Hogwarts? So I told him, Fluffy's a piece o' cake if yeh know how to calm him down, jus' play him a bit o' music an' he'll go straight off ter sleep –"

Hagrid suddenly looks horrified. "I shouldn'ta told yeh that!" he blurts out. "Forget I said it! Hey – where're yeh goin'?" Hagrid asks as Harry, Ron and Hermione run back up the grass.

"What the hell?" I ask. Shaking my head, I turn to Hagrid. "Sorry about them. I'll see you soon, Hagrid. Bye."

I wave to him before walking back over to the twins and lee and sitting back down in between Fred and George. "What was that all about?" George asks.

"I feel like the three of them will be having quite the adventure these seven years," I smile at the three of them.

"Well, will affect us too," Lee points out.

"I honestly don't care. As long as I'm with you three, I'll be alright," I tell the boys, bringing them all into a hug. "I love you guys," I whisper to them.

"Love you too," Fred, George and Lee whisper to me as well.

**************

A/N: Happy New Year everyone