Chapter 6

"Where were you? Binns started talking fifteen minutes ago," Angelina asks whispering to me.

"I had to help Ron and Harry get to Transfiguration," I told her before she shuts up and I start listening to Professor Binns.

*************

I sit on the red sofa opposite the fire in the common room, doing my homework before I hear someone behind me. "Lily?" someone asks me. I turn my head and see Harry stood behind the sofa.

"Hi, Harry. Come and sit. I'll only be a minute," I tell him before finishing my Transfiguration homework.

"So, you said that you were going to tell me why you ran out of the compartment yesterday," he tells me before I nod my head.

"Well, I think I ought to start from the beginning then," I pause before continuing. "Well, it all started on October 31st, 1981, my birthday. My uncle, who's my guardian now, came around to take me to trick or treating that night. When we got back to the house, it was completely ruined. I ran into the house to see dad laying on the floor, dead but since I was only three, I was thinking that he was playing a game and the thing goes for mum," I say before wiping my eyes and sniffing because I'm now crying. "The only person that was actually alive in the house was a little boy, the age of only a year old, crying at the sight of his mother. That little boy had now a permanent scar on the right side of his forehead." I shake my head before covering my mouth with my hand and tears come streaming out of my head before walking away again, out of the common room to find Fred, George or Angelina.

I end up finding the three of them in the study and I sit next to them before placing my head on the desk and repeatedly lifting my head up and down so my forehead hit the desk. "Stupid. Emotions!" I groan before I stop hitting my head on the desk.

"Lils?" Ange asks me before I nod my head.

"Nope. Can't do it. Probably never gonna tell the boy now because I can't get the word out before bursting out in tears," I tell them before Angelina brings me into a hug.

"Well, I could suggest writing him a letter and get one of us to hand it to him whilst you hide somewhere in the castle," Angelina suggests before I lift up my head and look at her. I smile weakly before nicking one of the twins piece of parchment from them. It was a plain one though.

"Thank you, Ange, twins. Now, I need some ink and a quill," I tell them before George hands me a quill and Fred puts his ink in front of me. "Thank you again, boys, now want one of you three to decide who will give the letter to Harry tomorrow morning," I tell them before the three of them start to talk between themselves and I roll my eyes before nodding my head, putting my head down and looking at the parchment to think of what to write. Not long after this, I pick up the quill that George gave me, dip it into the ink that Fred gave me and starting to write to Harry about what happened today in the common room.