Chapter 27

I sit on the bench that is on the side of the Quidditch pitch on the ground as I watch the Gryffindor teams practice

I sit on the bench that is on the side of the Quidditch pitch on the ground as I watch the Gryffindor teams practice. I look down suddenly when I hear Oliver yell, "Flint!"

I see the Slytherin team walk onto the Quidditch pitch in the green and silver Quidditch uniforms which makes me scoff in disgust. I grab my bag and slip my jacket on before walking over to them which the Gryffindor team flies down. "This is our practice time! We got up specially! You can clear off now!"

Marcus Flint, the Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team and the person who has been constantly hitting on me laugh even harder than Oliver. He has a look of trollish cunning on his face. "Plenty of room for all of us, Wood." he replies. All the Gryffindor team are with me now and we stand shoulder to shoulder. "But I booked the field!" Wood exclaims in outrage. "I booked it!"

"Ah..." Flint begins. "But I've got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape." he continues before taking out a note from his Quidditch robe. "I, Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch field owing to the need to train their new Seeker." he reads out.

"You've got a new Seeker?" Oliver asks, distracted. "Where?"

And from behind the six large figures before us came a seventh, smaller boy, smirking all over his pale face. It's Draco Malfoy. "Aren't you Lucius Malfoy's son?" Fred asks, looking at Malfoy in distaste.

"Funny you should mention Draco's father." Flint begins as the whole Slytherin team smiles. "Let me show you the generous gift he's made to the Slytherin team."

All seven of them hold out their broomsticks. Seven highly polished, brand-new handles and seven sets of fine gold lettering spelling the words Nimbus Two Thousand and One gleamed under the Gryffindors' noses in the early morning sun. "Very latest model. Only came out last month." Flint explains and I scoff in disgust. "I believe it outstrips the old Two Thousand series by a considerable amount. As for the old Cleansweeps" he smiles nastily at Fred and George, who are both clutching their Cleansweep Fives next to me. "sweeps the board with them."

I snarl at the Slytherin team as Malfoy smirks so broadly his eyes are reduced to slits. "Oh, look..." Flint begins. "A field invasion."

I look over to see Hermione and Ron crossing the grass to see what's going on before I turn back to Flint. "That started long before Ron and Hermione came onto the field, Flint." I growl at him. I go to hit him around the face but Fred and George both hold me back. "Let me go." I pant before I sigh and they let me go.

"What's happening?" Ron asks Harry. "Why aren't you playing? And what's he doing here?"

Ron glares at Malfoy, taking in his Slytherin Quidditch robes. "I'm the new Slytherin Seeker, Weasley." Malfoy says smugly. "Everyone's just been admiring the brooms my father's bought our team."

Ron gasps, openmouthed, at the seven superb broomsticks in front of him. "Good, aren't they?" Malfoy asks smoothly. "But perhaps the Gryffindor team will be able to raise some gold and get new brooms, too. You could raffle off those Cleansweep Fives; I expect a museum would bid for them."

The Slytherin team howls with laughter.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in." Hermione says smugly. "They got in on pure talent."

The smug look on Malfoy's face flickers. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood." he spits. I gasp in horror at the words Malfoy said. Flint immediately dives in front of Malfoy to stop Fred and George from jumping on him as I try to hold them back. Alica shrieks, "How dare you!" and Ron plunges his hand into his robes, pulling out his wand, yelling, "You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!" and points it furiously under Flint's arm at Malfoy's face. A loud bang echoed around the stadium and a jet of green light shoots out of the wrong end of Ron's wand, hitting him in the stomach and sends him reeling backwards onto the grass. "Ron! Ron! Are you alright?" Hermione squeals. Ron opens his mouth to speak but no words come out. Instead, he gives an almighty belch and several slugs dribbled out of his mouth and onto his lap. The Slytherin team are paralyzed with laughter. Flint is doubled up, hanging onto his new broomstick for support. Malfoy is on all fours, banging the ground with his fist. The Gryffindor team and I are gathered around Ron, who keeps belching large, glistening slugs. Nobody seems to want to touch him. "We'd better get him to Hagrid's, it's nearest." Harry suggests to Hermione and both of them pull Ron up by the arms.

"What happened, Harry? What happened? Is he ill? But you can cure him, can't you?" Colin Creevy has run down from his seat and is now dancing alongside them as they leave the field and Oliver calls off the Gryffindor Quidditch team practice for they now have no seeker and there is no way that they would get the Slytherin team off of the Quidditch Pitch.

I sit down in the Gryffindor common room waiting for the twins to come in and once they do, they slump themselves down onto the sofa on either side of me. "So, what are we doing today?" Fred asks me and I shake my head. These boys can't do anything without me. "Well, I'm going to be doing homework for Professor Snape so that I don't get into trouble with him and you both are going to do it with me." I begin telling the boys and I stand up and turn to them. They open their mouths to begin saying something but I beat them to it. "And don't even think about trying to get out of this." I warn them and they nod their heads which makes me nod my head.

"Good

"Good. Now, go get your things." I tell them before I head up to the girl's dormitories and grab the red satchel that I use for school and take it downstairs and sit down on the sofa for a few minutes waiting for the twins to come back down.

A few minutes later, Fred and George emerge from the stairs and sit back down on either side of me. "Sorry that took so long, we couldn't find our things. The room's a mess. Even with the house-elves cleaning it." the boys explain and I shake my head.

"As if the house-elves would help." I mutter to myself before taking out my stuff and beginning on the homework, guiding Fred and George through it.

" I mutter to myself before taking out my stuff and beginning on the homework, guiding Fred and George through it